Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Christmas.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY, Jason and LG, hope you're both doing ok.

From my family to yours,
Deb, Roger, our dragons: Sweetie, Lonzo, Rubio, Leo, Didi, Rocco our golden gecko & GianCarlo, our Beta fish.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all of the well-wishes everyone. :)

LG, has been pretty lethargic lately, but from what I hear that isn't so uncommon this time of year(Unless your in the southern hemisphere)...

Well Yesterday she came out of her hide, to bask. I felt her and she was pretty cold, but then she hadn't been out of her hide in a couple days...

She slept out of her hide last night, and when I turned on her lights this morning she stayed out. I brought the cricket tank out and layed it on the table across from her. After about an hour I came back to see if I could get some food in her. She ate half a dozen crickets with some water afterwards. I'm gonna try and get some more food and water into her later this afternoon; Give her a couple hours to bask and digest the meal before the lights go off for the night...

Thanks for keepthing this thread form being locked everyone. I know that should be my job but this past year has been very hard. I am hoping for a better new year. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jason, I wish you could see my face right now. I am wearing a smile that stretches from ear to ear. I'm so happy to read that she crawled out of her hide to bask all on her own and ate 6 crickets and drank water. What a good girl!
She looked so good in those pics. Her fat pads also look pretty good, and so much more life to her eyes.

Keep up the good work with LG. Here's wishing you'll have a much better year in 2011.
Never worry about this thread being locked from inactivity :wink:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Goonie":1qawpekb said:
Jason, I wish you could see my face right now. I am wearing a smile that stretches from ear to ear. I'm so happy to read that she crawled out of her hide to bask all on her own and ate 6 crickets and drank water. What a good girl!
She looked so good in those pics. Her fat pads also look pretty good, and so much more life to her eyes.

Keep up the good work with LG. Here's wishing you'll have a much better year in 2011.
Never worry about this thread being locked from inactivity :wink:

Yea, her skin's plasticity is back and she is looking alot healtier. Still waiting on a poop though.. I don't know if I've mentioned, she hasn't pooped in about 2 weeks, I'm thinking about giving her a bit of mineral oil with something, like applesauce... Is there too much sugar in regular motts applesauce?

Those pictures are no good for checking her out. I will post some new pics tomorrow, closer up.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Mavellie":3dt3ajw2 said:
I'm sending you good vibes for the New Year! (best I can do long distance)

Thank you, I'm sure 2011(I'm saying twenty eleven now, it feels weird) will be much better. Can't wait to get this year over with.

:wink:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
What we've done, Jason, is read the list of ingredients of any item we buy. In the list of ingredients it will tell you if there is sugar in it. Based on what I've seen in the past, any applesauce like Motts will have sugar in it. I can find sugar free apple sauce in our local Food City grocery store and we are a lot smaller town than Tucson, AZ is.

BTW: if you find a Trader Joe's store in your local area, they have some real good sugar free apple sauce. It's probably their "trader joe's" or "Trader Darwin's" brand

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Jason- Motts does have an all natural applesauce. It contains basiclly apples and water. No added sugars or artificial sweeteners. I like to keep my kids food free of extra junk too. :mrgreen:
Great that LG is up and about. don't worry so much about poop. If she isn't eating much she won't poop. Ramoth has been brumating for 3 months. :shock: I took her out for a bath to keep her hydrated, she swam but didn't eat drink or poop. She basked for a short time and then snuggled back down for her long winters nap. :D I am not worried at all. It's just their way. Allison only eats a few bites of salad when I wake her, but she drinks a lot, no poop from her in weeks.
Try to relax, the fact that she is trying to brumate says a lot for your care- she thinks she is a normal dragon. :D
Hope 2011 is a super year for you and LG,

Sandy H :mrgreen:

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
jscott":3r5eraha said:
Mavellie":3r5eraha said:
I'm sending you good vibes for the New Year! (best I can do long distance)

Thank you, I'm sure 2011(I'm saying twenty eleven now, it feels weird) will be much better. Can't wait to get this year over with.

:wink:

You made it! yay!

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Happy New Year! I am new to this forum so haven't really gotten the chance to meet you. I read your story with LG, she is beautiful and you're doing such a great job! It's really amazing. Anyway I'm Alyssa and my beardie is BeeGee or BG :) and it is very nice to meet you. I hope you have a great new year because God knows that you and LG deserve it! By the way she looks like the happiest dragon i've ever seen.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Happy New Year Jason and LG!

I'm glad to see that LG has decided to wake up for you.
It was really nice to see the video of her eating. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom