Leg no strength

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, is gout suspected? Or I'm not sure did I sprain his leg, now more obvious is his left leg and still observing. The nearest reptile vet is an hour drive away, but my husband is on block leave unable to send in this week. Any home treatment I can provide if it's a gout or sprain?

Also, our vet told us in whole Malaysia only 1 educational hospital able to perform blood test for him and it is 4 hours drive away. That's the only way can sure is it a gout or sprain right?

For now we less suspect MBD bcoz we did an x-ray on 6 Dec 2023, after that we try our best to give him enough calcium and chasing him with UVB tube, would appreciate any advice on this.

Video link

Attachments

• IMG-20231206-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20231206-WA0002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20231206-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20231206-WA0003.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 50

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, for the .16MLS liquid calcium, I'm unable to find a syringe with smallest unit .01MLS. Would it be okay if give .2MLS? If yes how many days should I give per week?

For tart cherry juice, may I know I should give for how many days? Is it okay for normal bearded dragon without gout to have tart cherry juice? Coz I'm not sure actually

The swelling on his calf is significantly reduced and he is okay when we touch or gently press on it, but we still can see he's still trying not to bend it too much
Hi Tracie thanks for checking. I still need help from you to confirm on the liquid calcium and tart cherry juice ya, thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, I think I messaged you on the cherry juice. You can give .5ml to 1ml daily, either straight or you can dilute it with water.
The calcium, did you end up getting the Agave to mix up the calcium to a more manageable solution?

Tracie

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Sure, I think I messaged you on the cherry juice. You can give .5ml to 1ml daily, either straight or you can dilute it with water.
The calcium, did you end up getting the Agave to mix up the calcium to a more manageable solution?

Tracie
Hi Tracie, my dragon leg seems to have recovered (not sure is it gout). May I know should I continue give the tart cherry juice?

For liquid calcium yes I have prepared the mixture of liquid calcium, agave syrup and distilled water follow your ratio. However I'm unable to measure the dose of .16MLS due to the smallest syringe I can find only can measure 0.1, 0.2, 0.3MLS but not something in between. So wish to check is it okay if I give .2MLS?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
you should be fine continuing the cherry juice if you want. sir henry gets it 4x a week, 3 x with liquid calcium, and 1 x with liquid vitamins (he hates powders of any kind). we use it as a preventative since dubias, when he decides to eat bugs at all, are his staple bug.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear, perhaps he does not have gout but just some calcium issues. Does he like the
cherry juice alright?
Ok, not a problem at all. Yes, you can give the .2ml On a 1ML syringe, that will only be two tenths of
the syringe. Take a picture & mark on there where you are giving him, just so you don't give too much.
It is a conservative amount/dose so he should be safe with that, just making sure on the syringe mark.

Tracie

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

That is great to hear, perhaps he does not have gout but just some calcium issues. Does he like the
cherry juice alright?
Ok, not a problem at all. Yes, you can give the .2ml On a 1ML syringe, that will only be two tenths of
the syringe. Take a picture & mark on there where you are giving him, just so you don't give too much.
It is a conservative amount/dose so he should be safe with that, just making sure on the syringe mark.

Tracie
He just slightly prefer the cherry juice over plain water but we manage to get him drink from the drips. Should we continue to give if it is less likely gout?

You know what, when I take out the 1ML syringe to do the marking only I realize the syringe can measure 0.16MLS lol.. please pardon my poor maths.

To double confirm this is the mixture and dose right? If everything okay I will start to give this liquid calcium tomorrow.

15MLS distilled water
10MLS agave syrup
1ML liquid calcium (8.1% solution)
Dragon weight 527g
Dose .16MLS

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_181940.jpg
    IMG_20240225_181940.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 16

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, we have given him the above mixture dose just now, he doesn't like it, he shake his head hard and go away. I'm thinking maybe he doesn't like agave syrup, can I replace the agave syrup with just distilled water?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is probably unlikely that he doesn't like the agave syrup as it is slightly sweet.
You could use all distilled water or you could try glycerin, too.
Did he like it before you tried to mix this?
Just go ahead & mix the 1ML of the calcium with just the distilled water. Or you
can just use a couple of MLS of agave for some flavor & then use water for the
rest. The total volume is 26MLS. I forgot to account for the 1ML calcium liquid
for total volume, but not that big of a deal. I'll be specific though.

Are you going to start over then?
If so, the mix can be:

1ML calcium
23MLS distilled water
2MLS agave for flavor & suspension

I think he will take that much better.
Dose is .175ML

*If you want to round to .2MLS that will be fine. It is within a safe margin.

Let me know how he does on that.

Tracie

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

It is probably unlikely that he doesn't like the agave syrup as it is slightly sweet.
You could use all distilled water or you could try glycerin, too.
Did he like it before you tried to mix this?
Just go ahead & mix the 1ML of the calcium with just the distilled water. Or you
can just use a couple of MLS of agave for some flavor & then use water for the
rest. The total volume is 26MLS. I forgot to account for the 1ML calcium liquid
for total volume, but not that big of a deal. I'll be specific though.

Are you going to start over then?
If so, the mix can be:

1ML calcium
23MLS distilled water
2MLS agave for flavor & suspension

I think he will take that much better.
Dose is .175ML

*If you want to round to .2MLS that will be fine. It is within a safe margin.

Let me know how he does on that.

Tracie
Hi yes I redo the mixture with 25MLS distilled water and 1ML of liquid calcium, he doesn't like it as well but at least he didn't shake his head and go away. Not sure why my dragon doesn't like sweet food, like mango, bee pollen he just ignore, he love blueberries too bad we can't give it everyday.

We also continue give him tart cherry although he doesn't seem to have gout, maybe we will give for another week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It might be something in the calcium mix that he doesn't like perhaps. Agave syrup is from cactus!
I'm glad that he will take the mix more readily now. LOL
You can continue the tart cherry for awhile in case it might be kidney related. You can give a few
blueberries per week.
I hope he is doing better!

Tracie

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

It might be something in the calcium mix that he doesn't like perhaps. Agave syrup is from cactus!
I'm glad that he will take the mix more readily now. LOL
You can continue the tart cherry for awhile in case it might be kidney related. You can give a few
blueberries per week.
I hope he is doing better!

Tracie
Thanks Tracie, his leg seems okay now. Okay we will continue the tart cherry for another 5 days then. Just learned that agave syrup is from cactus!

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
T 5's are stronger than T 8's --- have your distance from the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -- and that is inside the tank---- screens block approx 30% of the UVB rays for a fine mesh - wide hole type of screen the UVB can sit on top but the distance would be 8-10 inches directly under it
Hi Karrie, I've finally found and received Reptisun T5 HO tube. Currently it is inside tank and 15 inches from the base of the tank. May I know what is the minimum distance it should be from the dragon back? As I know T5 is stronger so would like to make sure my dragon is keeping a safe distance from it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Karrie, I've finally found and received Reptisun T5 HO tube. Currently it is inside tank and 15 inches from the base of the tank. May I know what is the minimum distance it should be from the dragon back? As I know T5 is stronger so would like to make sure my dragon is keeping a safe distance from it.
The 15 inches from the basking decor- if its 15 inches the dragon is fine you dont want it any further so if its closer that is good to -- I currently have both of mine set at 12 inches

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom