Left side of bearded dragon is hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys so I just got a bearded dragon 2 months ago and he’s been doing great but when I was feeding him earlier I noticed his left side was kind of hard and his right side is soft. He eats good, I feed him greens and roaches everyday. He also poops once a day and there is no problems. Just wondering if it’s normal or not . He seems and acts healthy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks OK based on those pictures. That side is opposite from where his digestive tract runs so I'm not quite sure what would be causing the hardness there. Does it feel like part of his rib cage? This would be easily felt around that area. If it doesn't seem right though, you can find a vet with experience treating bearded dragons and they can do a physical exam and do further tests (x-ray, ultrasound, etc) if they feel that something seems off.

Peaches25

103136-7877803291.jpg
Most likely the bump is a full belly, the stomach of a bearded dragon is up their left side toward their back legs (the x-ray is from a bearded dragon on its back), after a meal it might feel hard but that’s only because it’s full of undigested food.

Based on where the lump is in the picture you posted, it would be exactly where his belly is.

If he’s acting normal he’s probably fine. Makes sure he’s pooping regularly and if the spot ever gets harder or doesn’t seem to pass I would see a vet about a possible impaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom