Leela's progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelasmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardiemommy137":ad7f9 said:
WoW!! She is already telling you who's boss!! That is awesome!! And the kitties?? Love it!!! So cool!! What do you use as a substrate?? Just curious....Well, Miss Leela, glad to see you are much better!!! And what a pretty girl you are too!!

Thanks all - she IS the new boss around town, no doubt. 8) Queen Baby II the kitten has been de-throned!! It's a revolution to rival "The Tudors"! (Which is an AWESOME freaking show, btw)

I am currently using Repti-Carpet, but again, it's temporary until I get the tile for her viv; I anticipate this will be sometime within the next two weeks or so.

And like a Queen, she is waited on hand and foot. I realized what *I* did wrong - I neglected to include the babyfood butternut squash/apple on her salad; woe is me...

leelasmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Leela is doing so well...we've only had her for a month, but it feels like she's been with us forever! She fits in perfectly with our crazy brood. :wink:

Here she is hissing at Buddy; she does NOT like him, even though he hardly bothers her at all!
001.jpg

She loves the cats, despite being under their constant surveillance!
013.jpg

She sometimes falls asleep on the glass after vigorous "dancing"! :lol:
DSCF2243.jpg

But lately she has discovered how comfy her hammock is for sleeping.
DSCF2246.jpg

maze1216

Hehe, sexy leg in the hammock. It's weird how they have such an aversion to some creatures and not others. Fear the dog that will lick it but not the cat that will bat it around the room like a ball of yarn. I picked my frilled dragon because she was the only one at that pet store that didn't run to the back of the cage when they saw my iguana on my shoulder... Then I found out she was so laid back the only thing in the world that would get her to frill up was if she got too close to our bearded dragon. Now she just flares at anything that surprises her, or my camera... no longer fears the giant bearded dragons that could eat her but there's no way in hell she'll get near the camera.... great for pics :) Your beardie looks like she's doing great. :)

leelasmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
maze1216":37602 said:
Hehe, sexy leg in the hammock. It's weird how they have such an aversion to some creatures and not others. Fear the dog that will lick it but not the cat that will bat it around the room like a ball of yarn. I picked my frilled dragon because she was the only one at that pet store that didn't run to the back of the cage when they saw my iguana on my shoulder... Then I found out she was so laid back the only thing in the world that would get her to frill up was if she got too close to our bearded dragon. Now she just flares at anything that surprises her, or my camera... no longer fears the giant bearded dragons that could eat her but there's no way in hell she'll get near the camera.... great for pics :) Your beardie looks like she's doing great. :)

It is very weird; Buddy doesn't really pay much attention to her, but she just can't stand him! If he gets too close to her viv, she gets so mad. Puffs up, hisses, the works! :twisted: And what is even more hysterical is Buddy running away, wimpering and crying about "Mean Leela"!

And yet I've caught the cats sitting on top of her viv, staring down past the screen directly at her, and she either doesn't seem to notice or is just calmly staring back at them! :? (Of course I yell at them to get off, and they do, but will sneak back whenever they can :roll: )

Oh, and your hairless family is awesome - I checked out the pics and left a reply. All beauties! Even the snakes, though in general, snakes scare me a little. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom