Leashes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Who uses a lesh for theyre BD?? what LEash do you use? not sure where to get one from, or which one to get or even if i should get one or not :p

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Definately recommend them. YES YES YES There is a link on the forsale forum here for them. Christene makes them and sales them. There are some pix of some dragons with them. Hers work very well. I have 4 of them. Right now I can only use 3 ( one of my babies is still too small he is only 3 months).

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
I always use one when taking him outside. I dont like putting him in it (he doesnt seem to mind), but I would rather do that than lose him outside. I bought one off the shelf at petsmart. I did trim the edges down where it came up under his neck because he could not turn his head when he had it on. He really loves going for a walk on our shoulder and I think it is important to give them as much natural sunlight as possible. I think some one on here sells custom leashes.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
quigleysmom":fh03ihdq said:
I always use one when taking him outside. I dont like putting him in it (he doesnt seem to mind), but I would rather do that than lose him outside. I bought one off the shelf at petsmart. I did trim the edges down where it came up under his neck because he could not turn his head when he had it on. He really loves going for a walk on our shoulder and I think it is important to give them as much natural sunlight as possible. I think some one on here sells custom leashes.

could you post a link or state the brand please?

jeritta":fh03ihdq said:
Definately recommend them. YES YES YES There is a link on the forsale forum here for them. Christene makes them and sales them. There are some pix of some dragons with them. Hers work very well. I have 4 of them. Right now I can only use 3 ( one of my babies is still too small he is only 3 months).
i believe i have seen that thread, only thing is im in the the UK and shipping may be alot(im not sure though). i may pm her. thanks guys

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I am not sure about the shiping I think a couple of people from the UK have ordered from her. I know Livey has a couple from her and I think a couple of others do to. It may be worth finding her thread and droping her a PM.

changilass

Hatchling Member
I ordered 2, a smal and a large one, they turned up pretty quick, even with all this crappy weather we have been getting.

Just need the beardies now to go in them lol

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
drgnfly2265":5cdduq3u said:
I highly recommend using leashes. I do anytime I take my beardies outside and to any store that I go to.

I use http://www.petco.com/product/6578/T-Rex-Reptile-Comfort-Leashes.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-ProductList__2-_-T-Rex%20Reptile%20Comfort%20Leashes-6578 . I get them from Petco or you can order it online. They work great for me and my beardies are comfortable :wink:
i was lookin at those ones, do you know how big a BD the small ones will hold. My BD is only 11/12 inches but i would rather get a medium one if its adjustable. sorry if im a bit confusing...morning after the night before nd all.
cant wait to leash my BD up n go strolling :mrgreen:

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
Reeferman20":33npxakd said:
drgnfly2265":33npxakd said:
I highly recommend using leashes. I do anytime I take my beardies outside and to any store that I go to.

I use http://www.petco.com/product/6578/T-Rex-Reptile-Comfort-Leashes.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-ProductList__2-_-T-Rex%20Reptile%20Comfort%20Leashes-6578 . I get them from Petco or you can order it online. They work great for me and my beardies are comfortable :wink:
i was lookin at those ones, do you know how big a BD the small ones will hold. My BD is only 11/12 inches but i would rather get a medium one if its adjustable. sorry if im a bit confusing...morning after the night before nd all.
cant wait to leash my BD up n go strolling :mrgreen:

I just had to switch to the medium for my 9 month old, but I think that she is a little small for her age. I will measure her and my youngest (5 month old) tomorrow and I will let you know how the size thing works out.

The only reason why I switched her from a small to medium was because I would put her first arm in and then the second one had a hard time getting in. Once I got her arms in then it fit fine. So now with the medium I can get her arms in easily and I am still able to close up the harness most of the way :wink:

I hope that helps until I can measure them...

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
DEFINATLY get a medium or large leash,my parents got me a small sized one (only one they had for sale) for 12 inch beardie and i had trouble putting it on,he co-operated,but i couldnt get it over his leg spikes =/ maybe even a large is a good idea for them to grow into, how old is your beardie?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Reeferman20":b1lf63bx said:
i believe i have seen that thread, only thing is im in the the UK and shipping may be alot(im not sure though). i may pm her. thanks guys

I got mine from christene and it really dident come to that much....
Although she sent me them as a gift, but before she sent them it only came to £20 or so?
and they are really nice leads...
great quality and alot better than shop bought ones :)

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
right so i went for the t rex repti harness, the small one(only size i could get quickly). it fits him snuggly but i will very soon have to get the medium one. but i am glad to say Fred acts completely normal on the harness. such a lovely lil chap :mrgreen: thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom