Questions about proper leashes

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I figured if I go for a walk around my city on a nice sunny day I could possibly bring one of my beardies with me. Though a leash is what I'll need just in case they jump or fall would this be ok or too stressful?

Amber is generally fine outside but Chubbs needs to get more experience because she's a bit scared. I figured why not bring one of them with me and hopefully overtime they will both be fine

Last edited:

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I hear in Florida it's pretty normal to walk your reptile.

But anywhere else it might cause a commotion.
It depends on where you live too. (Environmental).

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can get leashes at most reptile stores or online l. Personally i prefer the ones made of leather, i think they chaff less. They don't like them at first, but mine got used to it pretty quickly.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I have the cheap one from Amazon. Rocky does a magic trick and walks right out of it no matter how snug I make the draw string. The material seems secure and the leash is really, really long. I have the wings, but never use them.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hear in Florida it's pretty normal to walk your reptile.

But anywhere else it might cause a commotion.
It depends on where you live too. (Environmental).
I don't care honestly I go in to stores with my beardies and people think they are fake my moto is if they don't like it then I'll gladly go to another store

Note: live in New England

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have the cheap one from Amazon. Rocky does a magic trick and walks right out of it no matter how snug I make the draw string. The material seems secure and the leash is really, really long. I have the wings, but never use them.
I had the same one but it got damaged before I was able to use it probably because it was winter when I bought it and my beardies began to semi-brumate lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
When you make a new post, at the top there is a couple tabs, the 2nd is questions 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627-103616_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627-103616_Firefox.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 60

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It took me a bit to figure it out also. I couldn't see the trees for the forest lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom