Ladybugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
We have a ladybug infestation going on here (not just my house, but it seems Syracuse NY and surrounding areas). I got home today and there were ladybugs everywhere! I've seen a couple inside the house so far, nothing major. It's no big deal to me, I've seen this before when I was a kid (my parents house used to have a lot of ladybugs around it, and so did my grandmother's house). I like them as they eat aphids, so they'll save my garden and plans - I seem to lose rose bushes to aphids a lot. But, my concern is what if Merlin or Evie gets it in their head to eat a ladybug? Are they toxic to lizards? Should I get rid of any ladybugs I find inside? Has anyone ever had this issue before?

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
dang it, guess I better get going on a lady bug hunt then. I've only seen one inside so far, but plenty of them outside.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
As with all wild bugs be careful because they can carry pesticides, fertilizers and parasites!! Also I do believe they are toxic like lightning bugs and firefly's!!

LRomphf

I'm wondering if what you are calling a ladybug is actually an asian beetle. This time of year, in our area at least, the farmers are taking their soy beans off the field. The beetles live in the fields during the summer to eat aphids and go crazy when they are disturbed. They look almost exactly like a ladybug however they are a little oranger looking, they smell bad when you kill them and the little suckers pinch if they get on your skin. They love to hibernate behind pictures on walls. As far as I know they are posionous for pets. We were inendated with them a few years ago and I read all I could find about them. :roll:

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
They are swarming where I live too. I live in western NY near lake Erie. they are so annoying!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
I've been on ladybug patrol all day. They are comming in somewhere but I don't know where. I just keep sucking them up with the hose on the sweeper. LOL

dragons1222

Juvie Member
i thought i asked this last year and got the answer that they might make your beardies tummy ache but they will not kill your beardie

i will have to get more info to be sure

and we get a TON of them every year in my house dont know if anyone has eaten them but everyone is still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom