Kozmo bit the dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmoRox

Hey y'all! So yesterday afternoon we were sitting out on the driveway(as,usual) catching some rays when out of the corner of her eye she spotted a large black ant ?, probably carpenter, 5 feet away. She took off running and BAM! ran right into a rock wall! She got the ant, but tore up her bottom lip a little. She lost the scale on the tip of her lip and bled very little. I cleaned it and have been applying pure honey to the wound, which she licks right off!

I watched her closely after and she seemed fine, roaming around the house and eating as voraciously as ever at 6:00p. I was a little worried when I noticed her settling down for sleep around 7:00p, almost 3 hours before bedtime. Can beardies get concussions? Will she grow back her lip scale? She looks like she got in a fight, and lost!

Before crash:
89207-2141559073.jpg

After crash:
89207-1364669167.jpg
89207-9591873567.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, I'm glad to tread that Kozmo didn't REALLY bite the dust ! :) She will be just fine....honey will do her good even if she licks it off and a small abrasion like that would even heal on it's own over time.

No concussion, she would have to knocked on the TOP of her head to do any brain damage. She might have gone to sleep early after having such an adventure filled day. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, that should heal up in a little while. The honey will help too so keep applying it. My guy has done that in the past and gotten scraped up a bit and it tends to heal pretty quickly.

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Should be just fine, its not a bad cut and will heal in time. Doubt she would have done any serious damage to herself and May have gone to bed early as feeling a bit sorry for herself.

KozmoRox

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! A quick update on Kozmo; After night one, Kozmo has been just fine! I'm continuing the raw honey, she seems to be healing well.

I appreciate y'alls input! This site has been so helpful in raising my beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom