Kiera -- pics update-again-9/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to work hard at doing better with posting updates here about Kiera than I did with Puff's thread. I just had thought I would have a good long time to update Puff's thread, and I have since learned otherwise, so I will try to be better about posting here, cuz' I want to share Kiera's life with everybeardie and everybody. It seems like my friends and coworkers don't get quite as excited about my beardie stories and pics as everyone here does :?
So...without further ado...here are some pics of Kiera just being darn cute this evening...

boodabelly.jpg

boodadog.jpg

pancakebelly.jpg

Today was my first day back to work since bringing her home, and I thought about her all day long. I had my daughter stop in to check on her to make sure her temps and her lights were ok. I left her 4 phoenix worms in her dish this morning to eat when she was ready, and she ate them all, and then this evening when I got home from work she ate another 10 crickets. I am so relieved that she is eating well. She also takes drops of water off of my finger!! Seems like she is settling in well!!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know--I cannot believe how much she is growing!!! I brought her home on December 26th or 29th...can't remember which...and she weighed 4 grams...It took her from then until March 30th to hit 100 grams. Now, here it is May 4th, and she weighs practically 200 grams!!!! So in this past month, she gained her second 100 grams. I don't know if it is the addition of the Mega Ray, or the roaches or what, but I can't believe how fast she grew in this past month!!!!
Here she is on March 30th...

100_3608.jpg

compare that to today's photo in my last post!!! Amazing!!!!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
026-4.jpg

Aurora says she hopes she will be as beautiful as Kiera when she grows up :lol:

i cant belive how much your Kiera has grown and her colors are amazing :shock: and i deffinantly think the cockroaches make them grow faster mine have just taken off now that i switched to roaches.

fez09

Extreme Poster
WOW, I told you I was soooo thrilled to get to watch her grow! It has been awesome, can't wait to see the next 200 grams!!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TASTIGER":10egk8or said:
026-4.jpg

Aurora says she hopes she will be as beautiful as Kiera when she grows up :lol:

i cant belive how much your Kiera has grown and her colors are amazing :shock: and i deffinantly think the cockroaches make them grow faster mine have just taken off now that i switched to roaches.

Kiera says, "Aurora, you already are very beautiful!!!!!"

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
"I don't skinny dip any more...
I CHUNKY DUNK!!!!!!

:laughhard: To funny! :laughhard:

Cindy I find they have their largest growing spurts between 4 and 6 maybe 7 months old. Roaches are great, but don't cut yourself short on the good husbandry and care either. :wink:

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well-we are definitely having a growth spurt!!! But that's fine by me!!! Thanks Barbara for the kind words...I would never have known a thing about proper husbandry if it weren't for this forum. I have learned so much here, and find these beautiful creatures and their care to be absolutely fascinating.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
We gotta love this site nearly as much as our beardies. :mrgreen:
I'm also very grateful for this wonderful site. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So am I, Sweetie wouldn't be the healthy beardie she is if I hadn't found this site!

Kiera, you are one beautiful growing beardie :D :D Rubio thinks you grow more beautiful every day; I'd get him on here but he's sleeping in...he'll talk to you later.

Cindy, you have done a wonderful job with Kiera, I've so enjoyed all the pics you post, it's wonderful to see her growing to well and quickly, she's going to be a very tall beardie at the rate she's going...we'll see if she's still growing at 8-9 mo!

HUGS to you both,
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, Kiera is so beautiful! I love her vibrant colors.

"CHUNKY DUNK" :laughhard:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Cindy and Kiera!!! Come out, come out where ever you are!!!!! Auntie Katrina needs a Kiera fix!!!! And I have some big news.....Kiera has a new little cousin!!!!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fez09":2trqw0cn said:
Cindy and Kiera!!! Come out, come out where ever you are!!!!! Auntie Katrina needs a Kiera fix!!!! And I have some big news.....Kiera has a new little cousin!!!!

Hi Everybody!!!!

sorry I haven't posted in a while...I have had a tough schedule...I was gone on vacation to my brother's in Illinois, but before I left I worked several 12 hour shifts in a row, and since coming home Monday I have been working everyday (12 hour shifts) so haven't been on the computer much at all as trying to also catch up with seeing the grandbabies, taking care of Kiera etc...
Kiera is doing fantastic. My son took excellent care of her while I was gone. He wouldn't feed her roaches though-I had to get him Phoenix worms to feed her-but she ate well for him everyday.
I work all weekend yet, but then am off several days next week, so I promise---new pics then!!!!!
Hugs to all of our beardie friends and thier parents!!!!
Cindy & Kiera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom