Keeping one eye closed after hair was in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehzool

I noticed that my bearded dragon'd one eye was closed while the other one was opened. I picked him up and realized a little hair was caught in his eye (Like a little fuzzy hair type thing from a cloth or carpet or something) It was really small and I saw that it was bothering him so I gently pulled it out. About half of it was actually in his eye (couldn't see that part til I pulled it out) It was VERY small too. Maybe half the height of a pinky nail. He twitched when I pulled it out.

This happened 3/20/2013 at about 5:00 PM
Today is 3/21/2013 at about 11:00 AM and he still closes that same eye like its still bothering him. He opens it sometimes but 90% of the time it's closed.
I have washed him and splashed water on the eye, even when it is open and he is still like this. Will he recover fast?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You could try rinsing his eye out with some pure, sterile saline solution. He should be fine soon though. It probably just irritated him a bit. What kind of UVB light are you using, and what color basking light? It could be a compounding of the irritation and improper lighting.

ehzool

Original Poster
I hope so. Whats the best way to rinse his eye out? With a spray bottle?

I'm using a Reptisun 10.0 UVB tube and my color basking light is...I guess you could call it white. I don't know :p

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds right to me. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't red or something. I would just drip it in his eye, not spray. Like if you had to rinse out your eye.

ehzool

Original Poster
Ok thanks for the help :) Lets say in 4 or 5 days he is still keeping it closed. I should bring him to the vet then right?

sebby757

It probably just scratched his eye a little bit. My girl got sand in her eye the ONE time she was on it and once I got it out she kept it closed most of the time for a few days. But she was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom