Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
McSkweeky":29d7tv62 said:
Nezzie does the same thing in her baths when I try to warm her up after she's been sulking in the corner, scrambling to get out. After a couple minutes she relaxes but it makes me wonder why she does it.

He had been warming up for about 2 hours tho which made it very strange. Plus he always loves his baths - the fact that his legs werent working this morning made his scrambling seem even worse as he couldnt even do it properly :( He still seems a little wobbly now even tho he has been basking for the past 3 hours.

McSkweeky":29d7tv62 said:
Poor Kazi and getting stressed. At least he let's you know how he's feeling instead of being stoic about it
I know.. he is very good about telling me he isnt feeling good. Right now, I know he doesnt want me anywhere near him, just by the way he is looking at me! He has moved a little now. I think today will be a protein 'free' day - just some CC to see how he does with that... I dont want the locusts to give him a sore tummy today.

EDIT - Maggie, is it 3am there now??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

How is the Kazi man now? I hope he has a better day without stress, poor guy! Did he eat anything then with being stressed?
Are the locusts setting in him so far? I hope so! At least he is very good about letting you know when he doesn't feel well!
How are Huff & Phoebe today?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Tracie.

Kazi had a much better day but was very sleepy so he got lots of rest. He took 4ml of CC in the afternoon and perked up for an hour or so but then decided to have another nap. When he isn't feeling good, he seems to know that he needs to rest... Poor wee man :( hopefully today will be better and he will eat some more. He had a 'twitch in his front right arm and then to the right of his spine (at his back leg) for a little while yesterday-it looks like a heartbeat. I'm not sure if it's significant or if it's just like when I get a twitch in my arm...

Phoebe spent most of yesterday basking-today she seems set on sleeping tho. I can usually tell within an hour of lights on, what she is going to do for the day.
Huff managed to stay upright for the rest of yesterday but he did seem stiff and wobbly :? I don't think brumation is good for him with his MBD.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm just catching up on everything that has been going on with Kazi and Huff. How did they both do today?

That is strange that Kazi had a problem with the locusts. Perhaps he just can't handle the bugs, perhaps having a hard time getting them down. Have you ever tried him on silkies, phoenix or hornworms? Perhaps he'd really like one of those and might handle them better? The butters might have been a little too fatty for him, you think? I'm just making assumptions.

Poor Huff. Do you think he might have arthritis as well as the MBD? How old is he?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks for checking in, Diane. They both did a lot better yesterday.

I ordered silkies 2 months ago and never got them... I eventually got a refund and was told I would get my order free but im still waiting :( Hornworms arent available over here and he has trouble catching the phoenix worms because they are so small but I might try him with them again. Im wodnering if he has some trouble processing protein so im going to cut his live feeders and keep constant tabs on his weight to see if a slightly more vegetarian diet helps him out.

Huff is 3 years old - at least, the guy who I rescued him from told me he was 3. I hope it isnt arthritis - he has enough trouble getting around - poor little guy - he soooo wants to be active and run and jump but he just cant move around as well as I know he would like to :( Thankfully, he didnt fall over again yesterday so hopefully a little extra water therapy and exercise will help him out :D

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Christina...
Wow, so much happens with your little ones in a weeks time :shock:

I was thinking about Kazi being sore etc. I know your silks have not arrived yet, but have you considered getting the *Serrapeptase* from Tracies' site? It is the enzyme contained in the silkworms that helps with inflamation and joint pain etc.

You could put it on his greens or add it to one of the syringe feedings. Since it has medicinal qualities maybe it could help?

You could be right, he just may love his live feeders, but does not metabolise them well now. Sure wish I could help!

And now Huff is a little *off*...maybe it is delayed reaction to all the commotion a while back? The changing of the viv, new feeders, the UVB change etc. Maybe he just got tired once he settled a bit. Maybe he needs an extra boost of calciumD3 for a couple of weeks?

Sounds like Phoebe is doing a mini-brumation :) Maybe her body wants to brumate but her mind has other plans!

By any chance......has your vet ever trimmed birds nails? Is there an avian vet near you? I know that is a ridiculous longshot and I believe you would have mentioned it if there were. :roll: (After trying to trim Razzles nails the other day I want to see if there is an avian *groomer* etc. around to do them. He does not squirm etc.,really, but regular nail clippers *do* shred them and I can't see them well enough. uhg. With a magnifying glass they are blurry so I only got a few done.) Thought it worth mentioning.

They say to use bird/cat clippers for them. Would he be still enough for you to clip them if you have the right clippers? In the end, if they end up constantly bothering him, I might think removing one or two would be more comfortable for him, you know?

Never a peaceful moment for you :dontknow:.

Sure wish there were easy answers for you!

Sherri

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Sherri!

HOW ARE YOU!!!!!!

I was actually thinking about the serapeptase (sp?) I just havent got round to actually ordering it... Iv had so much hassle with bulbs and controllers and vivs lately that my head keeps forgetting! lol!

The problem with his nails is that they hook right round so that the tip of his nail is almost 'attached' to his actual toe so I cant really see the vein clearly :( I had cat scissors but they just wouldnt get those nails. My vet is also an avian vet so next time we are up, I will ask him if there is anything we can do with his nails that doesnt involve actually removing them at this stage. He should be going for his repeat blood tests in a couple of weeks (I need to check the dates on that) so we could discuss it then.

Huff has been better since he decided that he should wake up. Poor boy has been through so much.

Phoebe is pretty much just sleeping now... she will sleep for 2-3 days then wake up for a day. She still wont go potty for me tho - it has been 2 weeks!!! I have been bathing her everyday and forcing her to bask but still nothing. I guess since she hasnt eaten for a week, there isnt much in there! She basically spends all of her bath and basking time giving me the glare! lol!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kazi had 1 locust today. He probably would have taken more but I think its best to start slow. Tomorrow I will offer him 2, then 3 and so on.... When we get up to 4, I will switch to feeding live feeders every other day.

Overall, he seems to be back to feeling ok. He is eagerly taking the CC and he is also eating some salad. I will start to decrease the amount of CC in a few days but for now, I think he needs the little extra boost that it gives him.

He also was happy to take his elixir today too :D When he willingly takes it, it really seems to cheer him up :D

Phoebe is still sleepy :( I dont like brumation - what makes it worse is the fact that, despite over 3 years of bearded dragon ownership, I have never really experienced proper brumation so it is pretty concerning to me :( I am sooooo worried about her and keep waking her up to check on her. She still hasnt pooped either despite daily baths so I think it may be time to get the mineral oil and apple sauce out to see if that helps!

Huff has had no more 'falling over' incidents. Hopefully it was just a one off! He has been very awake for the past few days which I am happier about!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a good boy! I'm sure you were wearing an ear-to-ear smile while feeding Kazi -- I would've :mrgreen:

How much food had Phoebe been eating? If she'd slowed down alot, then I wouldn't worry too much about her not going potty. If she needed to go, she would, regardless of how sleepy she is.
I, too, worried alot during Pookie's first brumation. I'd always wake him up and take him out of his house. I quickly learned that it was better to just let him be (also because I wasn't winning the stay awake fight).

Glad to hear that Huff didn't have another fall. Maybe he just had a bad equilibrium day that day.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Gina. Phoebe had cut down to about half her daily food intake but, I can feel a poop in there :( it's nerve-wrecking. I don't like it that she is cold. At the moment, out heating is on the blink so her cool side temp is only about 70F during the day- iv started putting her on a hot water bottle to get her spot up to around 80F and, usually when I move her to change it, it doesn't seem to bother her. At least she is a good, hefty girl- she's weighing in about 680g right now so brumation shouldn't do any harm. I want to take her back to the vet when I take Kazi in as he had noticed a scratch in her throat but I'm not sure if it has healed (I can't see it!) he will think she is sick tho as he doesn't believe in brumation so I'm not sure about that.

Kazis eye is stuck, yet again, this morning :( poor boy. I'm ordering some terrymycin since the vet completely disagrees that there is something wrong!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kazi is having another bad day :( I can't blame it on food this time tho as he has not eaten today :( I'm wondering if it's something to do with the cocc or yeasts. I'm waiting for a sample to get tested :(

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The more I think about it, the more I believe it's the coccidia. I wish my vet had given me ponazuril. I don't want to have to give him albon again- that stuff is nasty :(

right now he needs a poo- he is acting exactly how he did before/during the albon treatment whch is why I'm convinced that has something to do with it. His tummy just keeps flinching :(

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Stupid worms and parasites messing with our beardies.

I guess I should be thankful that I got ponazuril for my two. I would hate to think how much grumpier they would have been with albon. I'm sorry Christina.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Kazi!! What a poor fellow having all this trouble! Huge hugs to you from and yours from my gang, Christina. I hope he has a better day and Ms Sleepy Phoebe gets her business out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom