Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
When Digi had her tummy ache, she didn't want me to touch her. Even the slightest stroking made her squirm and walk away from me. She also preferred sleeping at a downwards angle as opposed to her normal flat.
Also, even though she was properly hydrated, she still drank alot of water (though I hesitated giving it to her because I didn't want her to end up aspirating), which was the key element to making her feel better in the morning -- HUGE poopy.

Maybe Kazi also has a tummy ouch?? Just because he was ok with raspberries before doesn't mean it won't upset his system on occasion.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, poor Kazi, I had no idea all this was going on, poor guy and poor you. Hopefully he'll be better in the morning after he gets some rest. Praying for him and thinking about you. (((((((hugs)))))))

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Deb, Lori, Gina and Diane-kazi and I really appreciate your thought and prayers!
Deb, it all came on so so quickly- I just want expecting it at all!!!
Lori, thanks or coming on to check again- I'm glad he bit me too- last time, he bit the emergency vet we took him to and I remember thinking- no matter what my wee man shows what a strong boy he is- I didn't expect it tho because he really wasn't moving at that point-his boy and head were completely flat.
Gina, it would make sense that he had a reaction-hopefully it's that simple and his baths today will help him out. I'm not sure about feeding him today- I'm thinking a greens mush may be in order although now I'm worried that it could be the greens he reacted to :s
Diane, thank you- it came on very very quickly so I think everyone is pretty shocked! Your hugs and thoughts and prayers are really what we need!

It's now 7am. I'm leaving kazi to sleep until I get back from taking my hubby to work. His beard and tail are still black but the random scales on his back and head that were black seem to have gone back to normal now. I'm just going to leave him under th basking light as yesterday then, when he's warmed up, il give him a bath and maybe some soy yogurt. My acidophiliz is out of date- I had been pm'ing tracie yesterday morning about getting some more shipped over here but then this happened!!!

Anyway, il keep updating when I can!!
Thanks again guys!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christine,

Geez, poor Kazi, he looks miserable right now.
It could have been bad greens, or the raspberries that didn't sit right in him. Your other dragons had them though & they were fine?
Is there anything else that he had eaten beforehand?
Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi tracie

no, nothing different from the others. They had 3 crickets each on Wednesday - somethig I very, very rarely feed them but again they all had them. The greens were even the same leaf- one big giant leaf chopped up between the three of them!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Here are some pics of my little man this morning. His light has been on for just over an hour.
IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

He lifted his head a few minutes ago and thats when I took these photos. He only lifts it up for a few minutes at a time. His head and eyes still look very flat but not as sunken in as yesterday. His eyes also still look like something is really bothering him - they have been a lot lighter in colour than they usually are. Im just letting him stay on his blankie. Going to have his first bath of the day in about half an hours time.

OOOh and a little pic of what he did to my thumb!!
IMG_0727.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Kazi just had his first bath of today. He moved around a little - mostly in an attempt to climb on to my hand. The dark spikes on his head returned while he was in the bath but now that hes back in his viv they seem to have disappeared again. He also licked about a quarter teaspoon of soy yoghurt. Hes back under his basking lamp. Every so often he will almost 'jump' up and look out for a few seconds before lying down again. Im worried about him getting too hot too - its 96F under the light and he is just slightly to the left of that.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
His color looks a little better this AM, that picture of him after eating the salad I had to do a double-take, it reminded me of Digger when he first got sick from a bad superworm! I am thinking it had to be the raspberry...how old is he? Digger was about 6 when his system starting telling him no more supers, I'm just curious.

Keeping him (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kazi is 3 now. He looks just like he did last time he got sick, except, this time its been going on constantly for a LOT longer. Its now been nearly 27 hours since this began whereas last time, he got lighter and darker throughout the day. He tried to more a little but has only taken 1 step really. I was looking back through this thread and my mind is racing... im wondering if its the air bubble, the anemia, something or if its something entirely different and much more serious. He just had his second bath of the day. I havent given him anything to eat other than the soy yoghurt - im just not sure what to do about food!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I just offered him some 'greens soup' (ie blended up greens) - he looked at it with some interest but he decided against eating any. I think he needs to poop but its just not happening.... im not sure tho - he had a poop on wednesday afternoon and since then hes only had 3 crickets and the few bites of salad he had yesterday morning but I do think I can feel a poop brewing!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I'm glad to read that there is some improvement, I would keep trying the yogurt since he's taking it a little at a time. When Bella is taking a bath, sometimes I have my hand in the water and she is on it and holds my arm resting, maybe you could try that to help him not to be stressed during bathtime. Of course your hand will look like a prune when you done d/t being waterlogged. Get well soon Kazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have to hold him in the bath otherwise he would literally fall asleep and sink!!!!! He just got up and walked from the front to the back of his viv - it took him about 15 mins but he got there eventually. At the minute hes a little jumpy. I called the vet to see if he might give me some critical care as I have a feeling hes not going to eat but he wasnt there so I left a message and hopefully he will get back to me this evening and, hopefully those blood results will be in and will be nothing to serious!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I had to go out for an hour there and I didn't want to leave kazi alone so I got his hot water bottle, wrapped him upand took him with me- I couldn't stand the thought of something stressing him when I wasn't in. Anyway, he had a small poop while we were out which seemed to really tire him out so he slept most of the way. On the way back, I called to my mother in laws to reheat the water bottle. My neice' was there- she's 2 years old- and she asked if she could sing kazi a song to make him feel better. She sang and sure enough, his beard went from jet black to a dark grey colour- I couldn't believe it! I got home and put him back in his viv and Within 5 mins his beard was pretty much normal-he's been like that for the last 20 mins. He is a little bloated and uncomfortable looking now and his tail is still dark but at least we are seeing little improvements!!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
That's great news, I'd continue the water bottle, it really healed my babies when they needed it..............You'll have to tune up your vocal chords too! :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
My prayers and thoughts are with you Miss T and Kazi! I have been MIA so had 3 pages to catch up on...I was so happy that the last post you made wasn't bad news.

It really sounds like he ate something that didn't agree with him. I know that all ate the same thing...but I have had a similar situation before with supers. Where some beardies got sick from bad supers and some didn't. Leaving me to think that just some of the supers were contaminated. Maybe it was just one or Kazi's that were bad...or maybe all were a bit contaminated, but Kazi having a compromised immune system with the URI symptoms affected him and not the others. Just a thought!

Hugs and Snuggles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom