Kaiser and Hadley (updates/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my beardie after months of researching! :blob8: I am honestly really excited and a bit scared..I wasn't planning on getting one for a little while longer but this morning something just fell into my lap, this boys owner wanted to trade him and his entire setup for a 55g tank which I happened to have..So I jumped on it.He said he was a leatherback, but from the pictures I could tell he wasn't and he definitely isn't one.He also said he is a red colored one(I loveee reds, of course I'd love him if he wasn't) and he also said he was about 8 inches, which I don't believe.My dad said the guy said he was about 7-9 months but IF he is 8in(will measure tomorrow) either his growth got stunted?, or he a bit younger going by growth charts.But again, I am almost certain he is longer than 8 inches but I will measure tomorrow because I am TERRIBLE at guessing lengths and such.

He is the cutest little thing, I already love him and so does my dad, little brother and little sister.My mom, however, is taking baby steps.She has touched him and even let him sit on her, he climbed near her shoulder and freaked so I had to move him down further for her but she is working on it. :lol: While she was on the phone with the guy, he had said he likes seeing people and will run back and forth when you walk by so she has been trying to figure out how to get his tank in the living room..For not liking lizards she sure is making an effort to see lots of him, which is good.She thought it was the cutest thing when he fell asleep in the little dish towel I had him wrapped in.She likes how they know when to sleep because his bed time was 8pm at the other house, so being wrapped up he just fell asleep.

But enough rambling for now...Here is my boy, Kaiser:

YKwS8Y7.jpg

91us6eO.jpg

x95BZ13.jpg

VCqYFFk.jpg

ouy0WRM.jpg

lhODtWA.jpg

cRk1IqW.jpg

gzq1WKC.jpg

Him on my mom, she took these and made it cute :lol:
5zPp6G0.jpg

kakequinn

Original Poster
Thank you!I absolutely love your Jace, he's soo gorgeous.

We finally had a poop today..wasn't big though, the white was a good amount but the rest was a bit small.Hopefully he will start having normal poops soon.

I think next time I get paid I will try to get his enclosure built...I wanted to do my rabbits and my guinea pigs first...But I think I want to get my babies done.He has been making me feel bad. :lol:

kakequinn

Original Poster
We got the roaches I ordered on saturday, Kaiser absolutely LOVES them!

I only bought 250 medium sized ones so I need to go buy some more as well as buying some breeder adults.Hopefully soon I will be able to head to a local store who sells them, if not I'll happily order them online again.The funny thing is...I got them without my mom knowing. :lol: I won an auction and the only reason she knew was because I wanted to get 100 more plus the food and water crystals so I had to get her to send me $25 instead of my going to put the money on my card.

Hopefully I can get his cage built soon, some time in the next few months..I did just re-measure my guinea pigs cage and got reminded that it is 56 inches long, not 4ft so it will take me a whole lot more melamine to build the entire thing, so instead of spending $150-$200 on the thing it will be around $315-350 which sucks, but hey, it's fine.

I feel like he is going to be very spoiled when I get everything under control...I would add pictures of him, but my phone isn't paid for and I can't tether my phone to my computer to put the pics on here since I have windows 8 apparently.Ugh, I hate it.

kakequinn

Original Poster
It surely is hard to not spoil him.

I'm hoping to get the enclosures done within the next two or so months, I've had a little bit of a set back with everything.With a troublesome rabbit, he needs to get neutered before I go ahead with the enclosures.He's just too aggressive with me, so I need to get him neutered to see if that helps, it should but really sucks about how aggressive he has gotten since I rescued him..Sorry I'm rambling about a non-beardie..

I need to order more roaches!I went and bought 12 adults to try and start my own colony, however I do need to go buy more adults to get a bigger jump start.Parents still have a problem with it..Oh well. :lol:

kakequinn

Original Poster
I MAY be able to start the enclosures within the next two-four weeks which feels great!

It really all depends on everything with the rabbit...I may decide to rehome him, that would be the best option I think.

The roaches...aren't going as planned..YET.Hopefully they start breeding soon.It really does add up with feeding him them.I had one large nymph shed into a male today, so Kaiser had his first taste of an adult roach(one of the older ones, he had his wings nipped it looked like, even though they have food/water crystals)

I will add pictures once imgur wants to work... >.>

kakequinn

Original Poster
Sorry about the lack of posts..and pictures...I swear pictures will be coming soon.I will just try to use tinypic or something instead of imgur.

Kaiser is doing amazingly, he's such a sweetie.

But we have big news!We have a new addition!I had been looking to ask about getting another beardie but had recently thought of getting a pair or trio of Ackie Monitors instead...Well, today while at petsmart we saw a really weird looking beardie and my mom looked at me and said "You know I don't care if you get another beardie, right?" I looked at her and asked are you serious...I swear the medicine the dentist gave her the other day has made her wacky. :lol:

As soon as she said that though, the three beardies who were up basking all came down with the other two who were already at the glass and started glass dancing.I was going to get the sickly looking one but decided not to even though they have a 14 day thing, I don't think my heart could take it if it didn't make it. (the sickly looking one was scrawny compared to the others in the cage, and where the third eye is was raised up to a point basically...I don't know what that means but it didn't look good)

I chose the one who seemed to be way more excited towards me.It came down, glass danced in front of me, went into the plastic plant near me and when I moved it followed.I just had to pick it.S/he has a lot of red on it, all clear nails but is missing one nail and is fat and healthy. :p

No name yet and it's too small to tell the gender, I think.But will update soon with pics of both my babies!

kakequinn

Original Poster
Pictures finally!Not in order from new to old or anything.

First is the baby! If anyone has cool and unique names feel free to suggest them. I'm thinking it's a girl...but I don't trust myself sexing a baby! It does have a bump in the middle though, so that's why I think it is.

[edit] Also, s/he was a nice red in the store as well.Not sure if I said that in the last post or not. xD

YrmrfX1.jpg

TymxoeH.jpg

ilSkDzU.jpg

Sexing legging it!
ikG3EZ1.jpg

Just a little dubia update. I've had two large nymphs (I was supposed to get 12 adults but got 4-6 large nymphs) shed into males which I fed two off. And....We have babies! I was soooo excited to see all the babies.

Two male dubia, the one of the right is the fresh shed one left has been male for however long. xD
4FCfbZ8.jpg

Baby!
AAf7n1I.jpg

And now to my big baby, Kaiser.

"MOOOOOMMMMMMMM, HE TOOK MY SPOOOTTT!"
Izzy is soo needy.
TAVw9uj.jpg

She gets depressed when she can't sit in her spot.
rEbCNHM.jpg

Kaiser took a nap with me about a week ago..I brought him out and forgot, but he curled up next to the sheet, I covered him up when I woke up then went back to sleep.
4j5b9nJ.jpg

I lost him the other day as well...He was on the back of the couch asleep
O0QReOZ.jpg

More sleeping
t6Fpw22.jpg

VTtL6i4.jpg

MWuZX2i.jpg

Peek-a-boo mommy
VVghPJK.jpg

Beardie-back ride
Wg5tWts.jpg

Randoms
F5F0Mmc.jpg

e7Ta8zh.jpg

O36MAN0.jpg

A9i1sZd.jpg

7zBsIzf.jpg

Getting ready to shed his lips and around his eyes.
voqRkbi.jpg

3gmhCla.jpg

Shedding the beard!
KguHB5T.jpg

I've been putting him on the towel rack thing to dry him off after a bath..he enjoys it :p
8cf5jRz.jpg

And here's a funny picture of my chihuahua, Max, and how far he sometimes lets me pull his tongue out while he sleeps.
iNmzKxe.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Kaiser is so photogenic and so handsome!

As for name suggestions:

Girl:
Tsarina (female version of Kaiser)
Vraska
Velspa

Boy:
Gideon
Garruck
Venser

Good luck and such a cute little baby!

kakequinn

Original Poster
Ugh, I'm terrible at updating this.I've been busy babysitting with my mom, we recently took on another kid to watch this week and taking care of these two are time consuming all together!

Will update with pictures soon, I promise.

I ended up naming her Hadley, when I looked up names that one just stuck. :lol:
Both of my poor babies are in shed, Kaiser is shedding the lower half of his back, top half of one of his back legs and his belly.Hadley is shedding her the bottom half of each leg as well as her entire tail.

I measured them both the other day, Kaiser I think was close to 17 inches I want to say, and Hadley I think was about 9-10 inches I think it was 10 the last time I measured her, I'm pretty sure she grew that one inch here.I'm glad they are both shedding, I was wondering when Kaiser would shed again...I was kind of getting worried.

I also think he is about 1 year old now!I need to make up a guess birthday and write it down, as well as his 'adoption' birthday so he can get spoiled two times a year!

I've also bought two new things neither have tried.I bought some Horn Worms, Hadley got two-three small ones within the last week or two because they were the smallest ones.Kaiser got the rest through out the week or two.I also got phoenix worms, which I got for Hadley but both got some.Both of the beardies LOVED both insects.

Also, little news bit:
There was a bearded dragon on my local craigslist, I saw it but thought to myself that I can't take it in...Then the whole thing with getting Hadley came along...Someone that is in the same local reptile group on facebook as I am posted about him, a super nice lady ended up giving in and saving the poor guy.He had lots of retained shed, he wasn't fed properly, I don't think he had proper lighting, he only got sprayed down with water so he was dehydrated, he some how lost half or more of his tail earlier in his life...She is fostering him for now, and soon he should be able to go to his new home.I said if I can get an enclosure and supplies before he needs a home and also get my moms okay (she's said she doesn't care about beardies since Kaiser made her love them) then I could take him.I'm still not 100% sure if I can take him, mainly because I don't have all the supplies right now.I told her not to hold him for me if she can find another great home to let him live the rest of his days however long that will be.

I'm hoping to have the cages started and done soon.The money I was going to use for them went to Hadley, so I have to save up again.I'm changing up the entire cage plan, really only the two pigs will get a changed cage.They will get a 4 ft x 4.5 ft cage on the bottom, then it will be a 2.5 ft x 4.5 ft enclosure for Kaiser, I will either split it in half and also put Hadley in that level or I will make another 2.5 ft x 4.5 ft enclosure for her.

Sorry for the long update!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Glad to hear all the babies are doing well. I wouldn't worry about lack of shedding. My babies grew a lot over short periods of time and barely ever shed. Some do and some don't.

Sorry to hear about the Craigslist baby. There are some real sad stories on that site.

Good luck with the cages!

kakequinn

Original Poster
Thank you zandi!

Hit a bump with Hadley which I will be posting about in another section and then putting a link here...She's got me worried..

[ edit ] Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=205022

Kaiser has finally shed his lower back/belly and now we are just waiting for his upper back and part of his head to shed.Hadley also has finally started to shed her tail, I saw a few pieces coming off, and she fully shed one front arm...The issue with her has to do with the other arm that looks to bed getting ready to shed(it started looking like it should with the other arm, it hasn't yet) and something else with her arm/shoulder.I think one back leg should be shedding soon as well.

I found batteries for my camera the other day, so these pics are with that.I may add in any others I've taken with my phone as well, but for now my babies!

Kasier, since I have a little bit of him
GEDC0225_zps258788a6.jpg

GEDC01721_zpsabf1e8fb.jpg

GEDC0182_zps861765af.jpg

and my baby, Hadley
GEDC0332_zpscc88ff48.jpg

GEDC0163_zpsf056701e.jpg

GEDC01621_zpsffa97f27.jpg

GEDC0161_zps15064a2e.jpg

GEDC03171_zps866e79a7.jpg

GEDC03151_zps111f9fd9.jpg

GEDC03121_zps8fda8c27.jpg

GEDC03071_zps02e00229.jpg

kakequinn

Original Poster
Thank you!

Do you have any tips on play time with a hyper baby?Hadley has always been jumpy and not wanting to cuddle, which I don't expect her to sit and cuddle but she always runs and tried jumping which makes me put her back in her viv...I hold her for about 5 mins every 2-3 hours because that's all I can get from her, so she gets out often but only for a short time.

She's also a little stinker.She absolutely HATES baths, I still soak her every day or two but she hates it.She either jumps on the sides or I have my hand in there for her to keep her front feet on and then she climbs up my arm.She's also only pooped twice in the bath, while she was jumping on the side(I try not to let her jump though). Otherwise she poops in her viv in the front left corner, which is good I guess...but I'd prefer it be in the bath!

Kaiser also decided to play in poop not too long ago...I guess I didn't make it in fast enough so he pooped on the plate that was supposed to be for his veggies.Not sure if it was a healthy poop since it was all mushed up and gross, but I'm glad he did that poop on the plate and only had a little bit on him!He is pretty good at pooping in his bath though, definitely going to stick with horn/phoenix worms and dubias for him.He wasn't properly digesting the super worms which I think was a reason he wasn't pooping much a little while ago.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
You could buy or make a play pen and let her run around in that. I have a makeshift one for my babies and they seem to enjoy it. You could also add stuff in it for her to climb and explore.

Honestly, it's a hit or miss with them. Mine settled down into not caring about baths anymore.

How long is he? Beardies have an easier time digesting supers once they're 15"16" long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom