Kaiser and Hadley (updates/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my beardie after months of researching! :blob8: I am honestly really excited and a bit scared..I wasn't planning on getting one for a little while longer but this morning something just fell into my lap, this boys owner wanted to trade him and his entire setup for a 55g tank which I happened to have..So I jumped on it.He said he was a leatherback, but from the pictures I could tell he wasn't and he definitely isn't one.He also said he is a red colored one(I loveee reds, of course I'd love him if he wasn't) and he also said he was about 8 inches, which I don't believe.My dad said the guy said he was about 7-9 months but IF he is 8in(will measure tomorrow) either his growth got stunted?, or he a bit younger going by growth charts.But again, I am almost certain he is longer than 8 inches but I will measure tomorrow because I am TERRIBLE at guessing lengths and such.

He is the cutest little thing, I already love him and so does my dad, little brother and little sister.My mom, however, is taking baby steps.She has touched him and even let him sit on her, he climbed near her shoulder and freaked so I had to move him down further for her but she is working on it. :lol: While she was on the phone with the guy, he had said he likes seeing people and will run back and forth when you walk by so she has been trying to figure out how to get his tank in the living room..For not liking lizards she sure is making an effort to see lots of him, which is good.She thought it was the cutest thing when he fell asleep in the little dish towel I had him wrapped in.She likes how they know when to sleep because his bed time was 8pm at the other house, so being wrapped up he just fell asleep.

But enough rambling for now...Here is my boy, Kaiser:

YKwS8Y7.jpg

91us6eO.jpg

x95BZ13.jpg

VCqYFFk.jpg

ouy0WRM.jpg

lhODtWA.jpg

cRk1IqW.jpg

gzq1WKC.jpg

Him on my mom, she took these and made it cute :lol:
5zPp6G0.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Kaiser is a very nice looking boy, looks much longer than 8", maybe he's 8" from snout to vent, but over all I'd guess around 15". long. He looks good and healthy, bright eyed and decent weight. It's great that he's also very calm + easy to handle. One little tip, always dry him off + put him back in the tank after a bath, they can't warm up on their own, even if you wrap them in a towel. But anyways, enjoy your new friend. :)

kakequinn

Original Poster
Yeah, I figured that's how long h was snout to vent, either way I still love him! :lol: I let him warm up for about 30 minutes after I had given him a little soak, was that not long enough?I only let him soak for a little tonight to make sure he could get some since I didn't know when the last time he got to was.I will however give him soaks in like the middle of the day or something like that to give him more time to warm back up.I think I should have waited until tomorrow to soak him..but I was worried if he got water or not. :(

kakequinn

Original Poster
Alright, thank you!Glad to know you think so!Maybe I can try to make up a date for his "birthday" for him once I figure out how long he is. :lol: I feel like I need to learn soo much more for him though.I've researched and researched so I know a lot about them, but I think I'm doubting myself.I really hope I can provide a happy, healthy home for him!

kakequinn

Original Poster
So I measured him this morning and he is almost 14 and a half inches long.I think the guy just eyeballed and guessed how long he was, because 8 inches is longer than snout to vent but obviously shorter than what he is. :lol: With this length, do you guess think he is a bit younger than 7 months?

He did amazing his first night!I checked on him a few times last night/this morning because I was paranoid.I think I am going to buy a ceramic heat emitter soon.My room is the coldest in the house, the coldest it has gotten so far was 68 degrees at night and it was that last night, I read as long as it's above 65 degrees they should be fine but I think I'd feel better if I just got one to be safe.

Pictures from him basking a little while ago!

ZhfvMAc.jpg

Z1FFpXL.jpg

Does it look like he is puffing his beard a bit?I can't tell. :roll:
48iCMLn.jpg

He also opened his mouth while he was basking while I was talking to him.Is this a good sign?He did it for a little while, closed his mouth and then opened it back up again and closed it.
YYomJBL.jpg

DlWDz68.jpg

OcdiqhV.jpg

Also, I do need to hang his repitsun 10.0 on the inside of his tank, hopefully I can do that some time this week/weekend. :)

kakequinn

Original Poster
So Kaiser just took his first poop with me..On my blanket..He was on my laptop and bolted down on to my lap and took a MAJOR poop.It was huge, had a bit of white and it was pretty watery...I'm not sure if it was "solid" or not, I guess it was.But it was a huge pile, bigger than some pictures of poop I've seen on here.I didn't get a picture because I was too worried about cleaning it. xD

My mom also finally held him in her hand, then he crawled on her shoulder and she freaked out but she walked with him there for a few minutes.She wanted me to put him on her lap and he started walking so I had to take him.She seems fine with him when he isn't moving..But she get the hibbie jibbies when he walks. :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Kaiser is a very handsome fella! I can't wait for more pictures of him! I'm a bit of a pic-aholic myself. :wink: :lol:

kakequinn

Original Poster
Thank you zandi!I can't help but want to take tons of pictures! :lol: I think I may try to cut down...If that can happen. :p

I've actually been silently stalking your thread for the past month or so, I read it for a few days straight to catch, but I need to catch back up I think I have missed a few pages. :eek:

For anyone who knows how to get water stains off: The guy who had Kaiser had misted him...I'm obviously not going to, but there is a LOT of water stains.I think water and vinegar gets it off pretty well, but is there an easier way to get them off?Hopefully I can get all these stains out and get him some tile soon to make his tank look better.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow, that's a lot of pages to have read through. I hope you enjoyed it!

The water stains should come off with the future sheds.

kakequinn

Original Poster
It was, but it was well worth it.I loved reading everything!

Oh I meant on the glass.Sorry, should had specified. :roll:

So yesterday he did great, he ate a tiny bit and he is definitely on a tight schedule.I wrap the hand towel over him and once I'm done he is already out like a light and when I uncover him he is up in a second. :lol: He ate a little bit today as well, we are going to get him some more crickets today since we only had a few.But yesterday when I had him out for a little bit, he decided to run after my three pound chihuahua.It was pretty cute but it scared Max half to death so I took Kaiser up and put him in the bath.

After getting pooped on yesterday, I am now gonna try to get him to go in the bath for now on by the way.Getting pooped on once was enough for me. :puke: So I just had him in the bath a little after 10am today since he pooped around 10:20-30 yesterday.I filled the little container up to his elbows and gently massaged his stomach(I dunno if it helped, I'm going to think it did though) and he pooped in the bath!So I cleaned it and refilled it for a little bit more of a soak and now he is back to basking.

I absolutely love him to bits.I honestly can't imagine my life without him already and I've only had him since Aug. 26th. :D I'll try to get more pictures of him today, only a few though.I also have a question, when did you start taking them outside and to the pet store with you?I took him out for like five to ten minutes yesterday because it was warm and he did wonderfully.He does amazing out with me but I don't know if taking him this soon would stress him out?I don't want to stress the poor man!

kakequinn

Original Poster
Alright, thanks anyway! :mrgreen:

I'll update this post with pictures a little later. :)

So since he was doing very well with us and being outside for a bit, I ended up taking him to the store with my mom and I.I took his little towel so when we went into a fabric store and office max(or office depot?) I could wrap him up in it and he did amazing.The ladies at the fabric store wanted to see him, one was scared and the other liked him, so did a costumer.We then got to Petco and one of the guys there who takes care of the reptiles and stuff asked if he was friendly and if he could hold him so I said yes.He loved Kaiser so much!Kaiser was such a good boy, he didn't show any stress marks, no puffing of the beard, nothing!He seemed to really care about the beardies there, though one I think was a bit sick it was so sad. :( He then said something about they will be starting their dollar per gallon sale soon like next week and said about a 40g tank for $40 isn't bad and I said I wish I could have one but my mom wont let me.She said no but I think if I give her a bit more time with Kaiser she will be on board. :lol:

kakequinn

Original Poster
Thank you so much Goonie!

So much has been going on recently which had stopped me from coming on here but now hopefully I can stay and update about Kaiser more often!We have had family issues as well as other issues with me(I'm pretty sure I have depression, even if it's not major) but I haven't gone to find out and my parents really have no idea.I keep things in.The most recent issue that has happened is the other day when I was playing with him dog and I broke my finger...But through all this all my pets have been there for me, especially Kaiser.Honestly, I can't imagine a day without him.He's just different from my dogs, guinea pigs, rabbit, and cat I have no idea how to explain what he does for me, but he has helped a ton.

He is about 16" now, he's come a bit from his 14 1/2" when I got him!
I just recently bought him a new log thing for his basking spot which he seems to really love.Since I've put it in, he has been moving around a lot, he has used his hammock a lot more(even though it is the smaller sized hammock since I thought I was gonna get a baby) and he has even gone and slept in this reptile bowl type thing my dad had for his tortoise(I usually have a little towel or something in it for him).

I am also going to try dubias with him in the next few days when they come.I kinda went behind my moms back to get them...and then told her I was getting them and that it was too late. :lol: I really hope he takes a liking to them so I can hopefully start my own colony.I do, however, need to get some pumpkin because he hasn't pooped in like a week or something so I will be getting some in the next few days.

Here's a picture dump of the past few months with this special little man, sorry in advance!They are in no specific order either so I'm not sure if they all will be most recent to older, they should be though.

Izzy(who broke my finger :lol: ) and Kaiser, both don't mind each other!
Ifkl1fN.jpg

The other day propping himself up with his tail on his hammock and his front legs on the log
yUvAfPm.jpg

Where he fell asleep the other day...silly boy.
bisMW13.jpg

Christmas pictures I took of him near( and in) the tree!
ARbNFf8.jpg

ozP8FtZ.jpg

Those legs
kB0MWre.jpg

YpcJJtF.jpg

DQb8v3o.jpg

eG8PBlL.jpg

As you can see..I still haven't been able to get all the water stains off the glass from his last owner misting him
nXfhkS0.jpg

This..I love him.I had to bother him one day by moving him to my bed so that I could use his lights one day..to keep him asleep, I put a sock over his head(just softly laid over him).The cons of your bedroom lights being broken haha.
F7V4x6i.jpg

Not sure what was bothering him...Reflection probably?
mSZpumU.jpg

lV7nC3j.jpg

Us in the car<3
M5qM0pT.jpg

kHJDmnX.jpg

dLYYABO.jpg

i40eMdB.jpg

vjWtwCA.jpg

FVeYkS5.jpg

tWBJqVW.jpg

"You can't see me" :lol:
rBWbNkK.jpg

bt6SaCO.jpg

First ever black beard with me.Not sure what caused him to do it, he had it in his cage and I took him out to get some pictures and for a bath..He hasn't given me one since.
MiTJjzI.jpg

ZUb8DxM.jpg

2I0AN2R.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom