Just a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Lance, testing of the eggs shell providing valuable info wouldn't surprise me at all. Look at human fetuses, they can do so many test now on the blood and fluids from the umbilical cord (not sure thats spelled right), the amniotic fluids around the baby, etc... I am anxious to see what all you have hidden in that bag of yours! Over the years as I've kept these critters and learned more and more, I find myself still wanting more info (kind of an obssession of mine), I was even looking for online classes for herpetology (without much luck), so, anywhere that I can increase my knowledge is great. Let me know when you start seeing some of those test results!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely let me know how things progress with the testing Lance, I will be interested in knowing. That is for sure. How is your friend doing now? That was such a sudden & quick way to go. :(

Tracie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I to am curious as to what happened. I know your friend will miss his girl forever. They have a way of crawling into our hearts and we will never get them out. We still miss our first two girls, best friends they were. We lost them between August and October of 06. It's just easier to remember wonderful things about them now with out a lot of pain.

Tell you friend we are sorry it happened. I do hope that they find out what caused this.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I will surely update as soon as I find out! Thank you for being concerned, and yes they do them lil buggers!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lance,

Ugh, inconclusive? How aggravating, that figures. Keep me posted.

Tracie

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ok so I talked to my buddie today and he said the results came back in! The lab said it was a cancer tumor that developed just beneath the scales and skin! It is in comparison to a g3 cancer tumor! They think it is genetic! They are testing some more cells now so I hope to get a better explanation! I will update as soon as I know! Any thoughts on this?

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Being a genetic condition is very possible and likely. Many viruses can lay dormant from birth, then become active during sub-adult or adult stages. When they test more cells, I think they will probably find that it had matastisized and spread. If it was just under the skin, it could have traveled by the lymph nodes or possibly the soft tissue. The virus that took my first male was dormant until after his first true brumation at 18 months. And, once is became active, it spread like wild fire. I would not be at all surprised if your friend finds out that more of that same clutch have been affected as well. Is it possibly to get the parents of his girl tested? Not sure if the breeder would be willing or not, but might be interesting to see which of the parents was the likely carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom