Julianos seems to be alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

graec123

Hey everyone,

Sorry it’s been a while. These past few weeks, I’ve been caring for Julianos, who has apparently gotten sick and wasn’t eating.

During those few weeks, he was mostly lethargic and refused any live food I gave him. I was very worried and stumped about what to do until I started giving him droplets of organic, 1st stage baby food. I even got desperate enough to make a nasty blend of Dubia roaches and the baby food with a pinch of calcium and vitamins ?I was very worried yet very happy he was just getting something in him. He’s very young and small, about five inches long from tail to his head.

And starting just a day ago and today, after handling him a bit more to get him used to my hand, he’s very slowly starting to eat roaches again! I’m so happy!!?

I also think he’s becoming more used to me! I’d like to think we’re forming a bond; when I let him out to catch some fresh rays, he decided to jump on my hand and we went outside together for a few minutes.

While he hasn’t eaten much roaches, I believe his condition is improving. He doesn’t seem as lethargic anymore, mostly more bored than anything until I take him out. His temps and lighting remain the same as in my last post; around 100-110 in his basking spot, and a t5 lighting fixture about 12 inches away from the top of his resting spot (a habba hut). I plan on continuing to feed him a little bit more baby food until he really starts looking for roaches again.

However, is there anything else I can try to do? Please give me suggestions, or tell me if I’m doing something wrong.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Other than the fact you are correct w/ the lighting and basking temps and they are taken w/ a digital probe correct? I really dont know why he would not be eating ---- odd -- is he basking like he should?
Karrie

graec123

Original Poster
Yup, taken with a digital probe. And yes, most of the time he stays on his hut which is close to the basking spot. If not there or basking, he’s running around and looking out the glass or climbing the background of his terrarium.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is the hut directly under the UVB? Are you or have you started feeding salads?
Karrie

graec123

Original Poster
Yup, feeding him collard greens! Sometimes I give him tiny bits of strawberry. One time he bit my finger trying to eat it off cause he was so excited...

And yes, he’s under the uvb.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I read your memorial that your little guy Julianos died. I'm so sorry to read this. :( You never know what might be the problem for sure with very small babies from the pet store. It sounds like he struggled for a while but you did all the right things. You had a really nice set up and you even took him to the vet . You did nothing wrong, took really good care of him. My condolences to you on your loss. :( If you get another dragon be sure to get one that's at least 6-7" and disinfect everything in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom