Jiffy's beardies, Someone New!** pg 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have a thread for all of my boys day to day adventures.
I will start one here. I have bunches of pictures and cuteness, but dont want to overload anyone, so I will add stuff along.

Waffle just turned 4 on April 2nd. I have had him since he was about 6 weeks old.
Sweet boy, laid back, doesnt like to eat half the time. And he hates my boyfriend Butch! :lol:
waff2-1.jpg

Foster is my Craigslist beardie. I had not been looking for another beardie, but saw an add on Craigslist that said looking for a home for 3 legged baby bearded dragon. Well, that was all it took.
He will be 3 on June 16th. I have had him since he was almost 6 weeks old. He likes to eat, and head bob and black beard, and just lay around being bright orange!
foster-2.jpg

Brady is my newest baby, and was my 2009 Valentines Day Present. He was in a local petstore, he was missing an arm, had no uv light, barely being fed, very tiny, in nasty conditions. I tried for 2 months to get the store to give him to me, or sell him to me. They said they were keeping him as a pet. Finally my boyfriend got him for me for Valentines Day. I think he is a bit more persuasive than I am! :wink:
He turned 1 on August 1st.
brady-5.jpg

I am going to post some videos in a minute.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That fast?! Wow, Tilly/Tillman was already written in the books, destined to be 'yours'.

CONGRATS!!!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks
I look forward to fattening her up! SHe sure needs it. She is asleep in the hammock right now. She was tearing the dubia up earlier today. Definitely would have ate more of them, but I figured I better not let her overeat and get sick. It took her a minute to eat her first dubia, but once she ate her first one, she was on a mission then! lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's always that first 'taste' that's the hardest, but once they catch on to how yummy the feeders are, watch out!
I'm sure s/he will be eating like a champion and gaining weight in no time.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
True Gina, once she was brave enough to take that first taste, she was hooked. Hopefully she will be plump in no time.

Thanks YBS! Hope you and your babies are doing good. I just had lunch with Laura (Archiesfamily that had the roaches) and she asked me if I had heard from you and how you and your babies were doing.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Those first pics were soo sad. Her/his legs looked soo skinny, I could almost see the bones outlined with her skin. I loved those pics with her/him on the tiki hut. She looks soo alert!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She/he sure is a cutie, looks really proud to have a tiki hut all to herself/himself, I'm so glad she's yours, he/she will be a fatty in no time. I think you got her just in time, it's amazing what abuse a beardie can take & still be alive. Have fun with her/him!
Hugs
Deb

Tell Waffle that Sweetie is starting to mend, but she's really aggravated that she can't move around as much as she wants & that she misses him like crazy. :D

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Thats so great! I am glad you were there to take her/him. It will turn into a pudgy spolied beardie right? haha Well with sadness their is always happiness. If you can see the pores....its probablly a Tillman. I like the name Tilly. I wrote a childrens story called Screaming Tilly and everyone loved it. I doubt that beardie is a year old....if she is how did she survive this long? ROMAINE AND MEALWORMS :banghead:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Deb, and glad to hear that Sweetie is on the mend. Send her love from Waffle.

YBS, glad everything is going well.

Thanks Rukia, I do hope to have Tilly turned into a pudgy and spoiled beardie soon!! :mrgreen:

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I am glad you were able to bounce back. It is hard but always is better when you fill the void. Thats what I did when Lenny died. Helped me get over it...although I bought 3 new babies....haha

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
3 babies, how fun!
I'm so glad you've found another baby, I believe that Duckie led you there. When we lost our 2 girls last spring, Leo & then Didi joined us & it seemed right. They're doing well, so I guess it was meant to be. I'm so looking forward to new pics! Give her a big hug from us all, can't wait to see her with a little belly!
Talk to you soon,
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Wow 3 babies is a big change!

Deb, I will give her a hug from you and your crew, I am sure she will appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom