Jiffy's beardies, Someone New!** pg 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have a thread for all of my boys day to day adventures.
I will start one here. I have bunches of pictures and cuteness, but dont want to overload anyone, so I will add stuff along.

Waffle just turned 4 on April 2nd. I have had him since he was about 6 weeks old.
Sweet boy, laid back, doesnt like to eat half the time. And he hates my boyfriend Butch! :lol:
waff2-1.jpg

Foster is my Craigslist beardie. I had not been looking for another beardie, but saw an add on Craigslist that said looking for a home for 3 legged baby bearded dragon. Well, that was all it took.
He will be 3 on June 16th. I have had him since he was almost 6 weeks old. He likes to eat, and head bob and black beard, and just lay around being bright orange!
foster-2.jpg

Brady is my newest baby, and was my 2009 Valentines Day Present. He was in a local petstore, he was missing an arm, had no uv light, barely being fed, very tiny, in nasty conditions. I tried for 2 months to get the store to give him to me, or sell him to me. They said they were keeping him as a pet. Finally my boyfriend got him for me for Valentines Day. I think he is a bit more persuasive than I am! :wink:
He turned 1 on August 1st.
brady-5.jpg

I am going to post some videos in a minute.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Barbara, I'm going to do the same- Huff will be moving to Kazi's viv as soonas I get some new tile and a background. He makes his 3x1.5 look so tiny so I'm sure he will enjoy some extra space and I'm sure I will be a little happier then!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sounds like all 3 of us are making the best of a bad situation.
Hugs to both of you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jennifer,
We went through the same thing in spring 2010, it was just too difficult to two empty tanks. Issy's things were given to Rubio & Leo was given her tank with Angel's things. That also helped me get through losing my two girls, healed my heart a bit faster. I wish the same thing to you, Christina & Barbara, it does get easier, but takes time.
Hugs to all of you
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Barb and Deb.

Now, introducing, SOMEONE!

I saw her (supposedly a her) on Craigslist. Over a year old, 94 grams. She was nasty and is tiny.
SHe did not even have a name.
Here is all the crap caked on her belly
newbeardie.jpg

Here she is beside my hand, and I have small hands.
beardie2.jpg

She is a sweet girl though, and LOVES dubia. She has never had them before, but is tearing into them. DOnt want to start her off with too many though

MissT

BD.org Addict
Congrats, Jennifer!!!!!

Are those sores on her tail? Poor girl!! But I'm sure you will have her healthy in no time!!

And names yet?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
No thank goodness not sores, just baby food and dirt. She is all white and clean underneath there now.
I have an idea of a name. I had thought of the name on the way to get her, and then Archiesfamily emailed me a list of names, and the one that I thought of was on her list too. SO I think it will be Tilly and Tillman if it is a boy. THe old owner swears female, but I am not so sure. I see 2 little bulges at the base of the tail and small little femoral pores. So either Tilly or Tillman. (probably) lol ;)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh I'm so glad they aren't sores!!!! Poor girl/boy! Her tail is so thin!!
Those are great names too!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats, Jennifer, on your new beardie Tilly/Tillman. Isn't it great to give a beardie a better home? Glad to hear you got her clean. I'll be looking forward to more pics!
Hugs
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks MissT and Deb. She is a funny little thing, she was getting all excited about those dubia! II will try to get some better pics.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
But when did you start "thinking about" getting a new someone????? Or were there no discussions online?

Tilly/Tillman is a cutie pie! Loved the queen/king of the hut pics!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I wasnt really thinking of it. Just knew I would get one that NEEDED me at some point. She was listed on craigslist as over a year old and 8 inches long. Lived in a 25 gallon cage with glow in the dark sand, and diet consisted of romaine lettuce and mealworms. I know being that small and over a year old, she probably needed me. She is actually about 12 inches long though, but she is tiny. Very skinny.
The girl swears it is a female, but I am thinking male, hence the he/she, king/ queen thing.
I texted her today and was at her house about an hour later, and she lives about an hour away. As soon as she said she was home, I was on my way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom