Jeritta's Fantastic 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have been meaning to do this for a while now. I have never sat down and made a thread for all our babies so here it goes. I think we are stopping at 4. We'll see :?

I'll start with the oldest Gobi. She is a cuddle bunny. She loves to cuddle and loves kisses. I know there are a couple of pix on here of her giving kisses. She loves to sit on her daddy's head. There is something about all that grey hair that she just loves. She gets up there and just snuggles down and goes to sleep. She also is the neighborhood watch dragon. She watches all the cars that come and go everyday. It is really funny if a car comes in that she doesn't know she will start glass dancing. It is like she is an alarm or something that there is a stranger in the neighborhood. She has done a lot of glass dancing during Christmas. lol.
We think Gobi is gonna be a big girl when she finishes growing. We weighed and measured her yesterday. She is 8 months old now and She is 16 1/8" but she weighs 382 grams.

Next we have Amigo. He is our adventurer. When he was just 3 months old he got loose outside. We looked and looked but couldn't find him. We thought for sure we would never see him again since the weather started getting in the 30's at night. But after about 3 months a neighbor found him and brought him home. He was really cold and really skinny. We warmed him up and got him a new viv and today he is growing like a monster. When he came home it was in November and he only weighed 100 grams at 5 months old. Today he was up to 256 grams at 7 months old. So he has done well and gained well over 150 grams since coming home. He is a beautiful orange color when he is happy and shows off his colors.

Next we have little sweet Ash. Ash got off to a rough start. We found her at petco, she was on sand and was really small and skinny. she was impacted and very weak. We bathed her and syringe fed her for many many weeks just in hopes of saving her. We thought at least if she did not make it she would at least have had someone who loved her. Well as time went on she got a little stronger. Finally she began to eat a cricket here and there on her own. She would sit on our hand and never move. she is just so sweet. She still takes days where she will not eat and where she wants to only be held to eat. She is very small we think for her age especially next to our others. Ash is the quiet one she hardly ever glass dances and never gets upset. She is just very calm. She is 5 1/2 months old and is 14 1/2" and weighs 165grams.

Then there is Cadmus. He is a monster. We just got Cadmus a couple of months ago and we are still learning a lot about him. He is starting to like to cuddle more and more since he is getting a little older. He is a big boy. I think he is at least one of the biggest in his clutch. He has a pretty large tail nip but he doesn't seem to notice. He has decided lately that he is not a baby anymore. He wants to eat the big boy dubia now. He will not eat the little bitty ones. He wants to eat the big ones. He does not get the breeder size but he does like the almost grown ones. He is a very vivid orange but some yellows and cream colors are starting to show through. His hatch date is 9/10/10 so that makes him almost 4 months old. Last night he measured 9 1/8" long (with tail nip) and weigh in at 100 grams!!!

So Welcome to our zoo. We also have the 4 dogs Fancy, Doodles, Lucky and Pep. The hamsters and the fish. Then you get all the critters that run wild around here. They tend to be the really interesting ones.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Well you know we will hassle you til we get them! :wink: :D
How is Ash today? I wanted to correct what I said about Reptaid, that's not the one that worked for Mojo, I used Repta-aid! It's powder that you mix with water, that worked like magic with him! It stinks really bad but he loved it and it got him eating within days!

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay as I said when I figured it I am posting pix.

feb
[/url][/img]Amigo Posing on his Hammock.
[img ][/img]Amigo sitting on my lap. He is a good boy
feb
[/url][/img]one more of Amigo. Just being silly
feb
[/url][/img]Gobi sitting on my leg.
feb
[/url][/img]Gobi just has to pose cause she is so pretty.
feb
[/url][/img]Cadmus checking out things from his hammock.
feb
[/url][/img]Cadmus climbing a dragon that is on our computer monitor.
feb
[/url]Cadmus sitting on my knee.
[img][url=http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz12/jeritta1/feb/?action=view&current=DSCN0080.jpg][IMG]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz12/jeritta1/feb/th_DSCN0080.jpg[/url][/img]Ash in her new burrito blanket. Thanks ArchiesFamily :D
feb
[/url][/img]Ash loves her new burrito.
feb
[/url][/img]Ash trying out her new hammock. It is so soft and comfy for her to cuddle in.
feb
[/url][/img]And of course Peppy has to have his pic in her cause he loves the dragons.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Great pics! Wow, I cant believe how much Amigo has grown! And there is a Peppy butt in the background of one of the pics. l. Looks like Ash likes her new stuff.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Awwwwww, your babies look great! Cadmus is the same color as Karma! None of my dragons have hammocks and it seems like they're missing out....hhhhmmmmmm, where did you get yours?

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Awww great pics of your babies ! Gobi, Amigo, and Cadmus are all looking SO handsome !
Ash is looking good as well and seemed happy with her fuzzy hammock ! :) I enjoyed the Peppy pic too ! At least i'm not the only one with another animal that feels the need to be in half the dragon pictures and needs to be all up in their business :) hehe Thanks for the pics !

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Jeritta, She looks like she loves them. I'm so glad you could use them. Does she fit in the quilt or is it a bit short for her?

I made Scout a new hammock and had to buy new suction cups. I think I got a bad suction cup. Just the one falls down ALL the time. Scout, aka Grumpy Bunny, looks at me like I'm trying to off him.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WooooHoooooo!!!!! It is gonna be 70+ degrees on Friday and Saturday this week!!!! I can't wait it means the babies get to go out and get some REAL sunshine!!! YAY!!! They have those great new leashes they got for Christmas and they all fit now and we are gonna all take turns sitting out on the back deck and getting some rays.

It should be lots of fun with Cadmus. He has not got to go out before. Since he was born in Sept by the time he got her the weather was to cold to take him out and let him sit in the sun.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
I'm with you. I'm already planning to throw the windows open and air out the winter-ness out of the house. Spring is slowly coming; can you feel it?

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am with you on that. I couldn't wait to do that til friday. I have the windows cracked today and the gate across the back door so it is open and the dogs can't get out. I love the cross breeze and the air is wonderful. It is too cool for the dragons but I am loving it. We have started our seedlings in the terrariums and I have my spinach planted and the okra started. Now for getting the PVC pipe to make our hangers for the UPSIDE down planters. I don't do the topsy turvey crap. We make them out of PVC pipe and make our own. So much better. :D Plus we can make them totally organic and use the veggies for the dragons and us :blob5: :blob8:

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow it was 75 degrees here today. That is so unusual for this time of the year. I took full advantage of it and took the babies out to enjoy the weather. Hopefully we get some more days like this but it looks like the temps are going to drop back to the low 60's and upper 50's.

[img ][/img]Cadmus was not happy with his first time seeing the sun and grass. Granted the grass was dead but he still did not seem to like it at all.

2011%20first%20trip%20outside%20for%20year
[/url][/img]Finally Cadmus started to look around a little and did explore some.
[/url][/img] Cadmus calmed down and crawled up on my leg and enjoyed the sun for a little while. I guess the kevlar was warm sitting there for him, he seemed happy.
[/url][/img]Gobi was happy to get a day to go back
outside again. She loved getting to walk and explore.
[/url][/img]Gobi just looking and exploring.
[/url][/img]Gobi and Fancy (Sheltie) enjoying the
weather together.
[/url][/img]Amigo was NOT happy to be outside
today. I think he was hoping he would not have to ever be out there again. He stayed pressed to the ground and moved like an alligator sliding when he walked.
[/url][/img]Amigo doing his alligator impression as
he slid across the ground. I hope he will get better about going out.

I also took Ash out but she was pressed against my shirt and I couldn't get pix of her. She was happy to get some sun though and it seems to have done some good for her. She did
eat 1 dubia today which is a step in the right direction. It has been weeks and weeks since she has eaten a buggie on her own.
Amigo seemed horrified to be outside. After his experience in the fall as soon as I sat him in the grass he went from his beautiful orange colors to a very dark almost black color
all over. He finally after about 20 minutes of being back safe in his viv turned back to his pretty colors.

OgleRpets----------Thanks again for all of our leashes. I loved having them today so we could go out in the beautiful weather. Even Cadmus fits in his already.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow it was 75 degrees here today. That is so unusual for this time of the year. I took full advantage of it and took the babies out to enjoy the weather. Hopefully we get some more days like this but it looks like the temps are going to drop back to the low 60's and upper 50's.

[img ][/img]Cadmus was not happy with his first time seeing the sun and grass. Granted the grass was dead but he still did not seem to like it at all.

[/url][/img]Finally Cadmus started to look around a little and did explore some.
[/url][/img] Cadmus calmed down and crawled up on my leg and enjoyed the sun for a little while. I guess the kevlar was warm sitting there for him, he seemed happy.
[/url][/img]Gobi was happy to get a day to go back
outside again. She loved getting to walk and explore.
[/url][/img]Gobi just looking and exploring.
[/url][/img]Gobi and Fancy (Sheltie) enjoying the
weather together.
[/url][/img]Amigo was NOT happy to be outside
today. I think he was hoping he would not have to ever be out there again. He stayed pressed to the ground and moved like an alligator sliding when he walked.
[/url][/img]Amigo doing his alligator impression as
he slid across the ground. I hope he will get better about going out.

I also took Ash out but she was pressed against my shirt and I couldn't get pix of her. She was happy to get some sun though and it seems to have done some good for her. She did
eat 1 dubia today which is a step in the right direction. It has been weeks and weeks since she has eaten a buggie on her own.
Amigo seemed horrified to be outside. After his experience in the fall as soon as I sat him in the grass he went from his beautiful orange colors to a very dark almost black color
all over. He finally after about 20 minutes of being back safe in his viv turned back to his pretty colors.

OgleRpets----------Thanks again for all of our leashes. I loved having them today so we could go out in the beautiful weather. Even Cadmus fits in his already.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Great pics! I love outdoor pics! Cadmus did look pretty scared and unsure but I'm glad he came around! Did you take them out 1 at a time? I am going to have to this year, I don't know if you read about my outdoor debacle last year when Mojo escaped! :shock: It was a hysterical nightmare! Poor Amigo was probably thinking "Oh no, not again!" Ash probably did benefit from the sun, I heard that 20 minutes of natural UVB is equal to 7 hours of fake! Isn't that crazy!

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Jeritta, great photos! I'm sitting here in front of the open window LOVING the breeze coming through. What a wonderful day after such a rough winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom