Jeritta's Fantastic 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have been meaning to do this for a while now. I have never sat down and made a thread for all our babies so here it goes. I think we are stopping at 4. We'll see :?

I'll start with the oldest Gobi. She is a cuddle bunny. She loves to cuddle and loves kisses. I know there are a couple of pix on here of her giving kisses. She loves to sit on her daddy's head. There is something about all that grey hair that she just loves. She gets up there and just snuggles down and goes to sleep. She also is the neighborhood watch dragon. She watches all the cars that come and go everyday. It is really funny if a car comes in that she doesn't know she will start glass dancing. It is like she is an alarm or something that there is a stranger in the neighborhood. She has done a lot of glass dancing during Christmas. lol.
We think Gobi is gonna be a big girl when she finishes growing. We weighed and measured her yesterday. She is 8 months old now and She is 16 1/8" but she weighs 382 grams.

Next we have Amigo. He is our adventurer. When he was just 3 months old he got loose outside. We looked and looked but couldn't find him. We thought for sure we would never see him again since the weather started getting in the 30's at night. But after about 3 months a neighbor found him and brought him home. He was really cold and really skinny. We warmed him up and got him a new viv and today he is growing like a monster. When he came home it was in November and he only weighed 100 grams at 5 months old. Today he was up to 256 grams at 7 months old. So he has done well and gained well over 150 grams since coming home. He is a beautiful orange color when he is happy and shows off his colors.

Next we have little sweet Ash. Ash got off to a rough start. We found her at petco, she was on sand and was really small and skinny. she was impacted and very weak. We bathed her and syringe fed her for many many weeks just in hopes of saving her. We thought at least if she did not make it she would at least have had someone who loved her. Well as time went on she got a little stronger. Finally she began to eat a cricket here and there on her own. She would sit on our hand and never move. she is just so sweet. She still takes days where she will not eat and where she wants to only be held to eat. She is very small we think for her age especially next to our others. Ash is the quiet one she hardly ever glass dances and never gets upset. She is just very calm. She is 5 1/2 months old and is 14 1/2" and weighs 165grams.

Then there is Cadmus. He is a monster. We just got Cadmus a couple of months ago and we are still learning a lot about him. He is starting to like to cuddle more and more since he is getting a little older. He is a big boy. I think he is at least one of the biggest in his clutch. He has a pretty large tail nip but he doesn't seem to notice. He has decided lately that he is not a baby anymore. He wants to eat the big boy dubia now. He will not eat the little bitty ones. He wants to eat the big ones. He does not get the breeder size but he does like the almost grown ones. He is a very vivid orange but some yellows and cream colors are starting to show through. His hatch date is 9/10/10 so that makes him almost 4 months old. Last night he measured 9 1/8" long (with tail nip) and weigh in at 100 grams!!!

So Welcome to our zoo. We also have the 4 dogs Fancy, Doodles, Lucky and Pep. The hamsters and the fish. Then you get all the critters that run wild around here. They tend to be the really interesting ones.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We have been shopping around for a new place to get reptiSUN 10.0. We have found a place called petguys.com the bulbs were 24.99 plus shipping which was the same as shipping price as petmountain but they also did not charge the extra oversize price that petmountain charged so it came out a bit better there. They also said they could get our order out faster.
We are gonna see how it goes with them.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
new%20updates
[/url][/img]Amigo Was looking at the camera like "take my picture mom I'm soooo sexy" I just couldn't resist this pose from him.
new%20updates
[/url][/img]Gobi looked more like I was bothering her by interupting her nap when I took her picture.
new%20updates
[/url][/img]Here is Ash hanging on Jeff's shirt. She is such a little sweetie.
new%20updates
[/url][/img]Cadmus hanging on Jeff beside Ash. Ash is 6 months old Cadmus is 4 months old. He now weighs 142grams. He is our chunky little monster.
Not bad since 2 months ago he could sit on my thumb.
new%20updates
[/url][/img]Cadmus shedding on his 4 month birthday.
new%20updates
[/url][/img]Ash wanted her close up too. She is Jeff's baby.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Did I read that right?? Cadmus is 142 grams??? I thought that Karma was catching up!!! They all look great!! Ash doesn't mind being next to Ash?

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes you read that right Cadmus is 142grams. That was actually a few days ago.
No Ash doesn't mind being next to Cadmus. I think she actually likes it. That is the only time lately she shows her bright colors. Neither of them shows aggression to each other
or tries to get any closer to each other. They look at each other but that is about it. She will brighten up when he is near her and will even perk up and act happy. We put them in the bath together. We have done that since Cadmus was a wee little baby and we stay right there with them.
I know it only takes a second for them to go tward each other and when they get a month or so older we will stop but right now we don't worry about it.

Cadmus is huge though. He is zooming through some big dubia now. You know he has to stay big to protect his little sisters.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Wow, Gobi is huge!!! Love all the pics! You babies are all sooo pretty and or handsome (so I dont offend any of the guy beardies) lol

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aww, thanks. We think they are pretty and handsome too.

Oh, and I like your vampire kitty. He is really kinda cute. :D

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
OMG JERITTA! He is a freaking monster! I couldn't believe my eyes....he looks bigger than his older brother that I have! LOL wow! He actually looks like they have the same bright colors too. I didn't think Cadmus would turn out to have that deep orange/red like Cyrus. Cyrus has those purple specs throughout his body just like Cadmus too. So handsome! :D

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is a monster. But a sweet monster. He is turning out great we think. Lauren, I thought you would like the pix.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well they are all on a food strike. None of them want to eat now.

Ash is very sick and we have been having to force feed her for about 3 weeks now. She has had us very worried and we have been worrying Tracie with questions on what to do. She does seem to be making a little progress and will eat a couple of bites of salad on her own but no protien on her own. She has had to be feed Repta-aid and boy does that stuff smell bad :puke: . But for our baby it is okay.

Now I think even in the winter all the babies have their spring hormones going. Amigo is headbobbing everything and acting like he is king of the world. But he won't eat because he is too busy being a boy.
Cadmus is busy shedding again and is all hormonal he wants to puff up and see how big he can be. He tried to headbob the other day and fell over. It was so funny. He forgot that his whole body doesnt bob just his head is supposed to. Then he puffed up and acted like "what, that is what I wanted to do!"
Gobi is busy watching outside and being nosey. The kids in the neighborhood have been home for a week and so she has had to watch them and hasn't had time to eat.
They have all been crazy.
Amigo got a new big boy viv yesterday. He got a 40breeder and now he has even more room to throw his salad around and drive his trucks.

I love my babies they sure keep me on my toes. Well sort of. If I could stand on my toes. lol :twisted:

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I feel like the world's worst beardie mom today.
We have been having to force feed Ash because she has been really sick and not eating and we thought we were gonna loose her. Well today when I was feeding her I noticed a bruise starting to form on her upper lip. It broke my heart to see it. But at the same time I was kinda happy. It also meant she is getting some better and starting to fight the force feedings and maybe soon she will start to eat on her own again.
Sorry I just had to vent. Now she is snuggling on my shoulder like she doesn't have a care in the world. She is such a sweetie
I hope she is better soon.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks ya'll. We are hoping she gets better soon. Yesterday she did really good. Ash ate 2 hornworms all by herself. I put one in her bowl and she looked at it and finally ate it so I cautiously ate it. So I got really excited and put 2 more in there. She looked at me really funny like "mom, I can't believe you just did that" but finally she ate the smaller of the 2. So Yay!!!! Ash she ate 2 hornworms.!!!!!! She also ate a few bites of salad which she has been doing most days anyway, but we are making strides.
Jeff and I are still having to force feed her to get her to eat enough and we are giving her supplements of Repta-aid hopefully not for much longer.
Please Keep praying for her.
Cadmus is growing like a weed and Gobi and Amigo are both just hanging out and waiting on spring and time to open the windows so they can get in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncook
Top Bottom