Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
got Jango's new background put on.. hubby helped me. It was fun watching Jango after it was put on, he thought it was real and was trying to get into the plants and such.. then would look at me like saying "hey mom.. what's up?? I can't get in these things!" He finally gave up and went back to lounging on his log.

before his background.. Jango sleeping on his basking log.. LOL.. he's so silly! 8/16/12:
003-6.jpg

Jango's new background! Jango running back and forth trying to get into the plants LOL 8/17/12:
005-9.jpg

006-4.jpg

My handsome Dragon.. gotta love him! 8/17/12:
008-3.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Wow! :D I don't think I've ever seen a background with that much color or detail. It's just plain lovely.
JangoMom":2hdhf5sd said:
before his background.. Jango sleeping on his basking log.. LOL.. he's so silly! 8/16/12:
My goodness! Jango is a sexy leg master! He really knows how to get comfy! 8)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
he sure does know how to get comfy!

Earlier today caught Jango black bearding.. didn't know what for at first.. then he charged to the side of his tank and ran right into it.. then head bobbed his reflection and puffing his beard at it! LOL.. it was funny but I took him out and settled him down.. didn't want him hurting himself over a reflection.. first time he's done that.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":36wvco16 said:
LOL.. it was funny but I took him out and settled him down.. didn't want him hurting himself over a reflection.. first time he's done that.
Oh dear :shock: Maybe he's hitting the "mature" stage of life. Perhaps guarding his territory for a future lady friend? Or maybe he thought he was having a bad scale day! :mrgreen:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":2nqvxk5z said:
Oh dear :shock: Maybe he's hitting the "mature" stage of life. Perhaps guarding his territory for a future lady friend? Or maybe he thought he was having a bad scale day! :mrgreen:

not sure what he was thinking.. he hasn't done it since.. Had him outside for an hour or two today while Nathan played on his trampoline.. Jango was on his harness, sitting on my shoulder about the whole time until I walked over by the trampoline, then he wanted on it.. LOL.. I let him sit on the outside side of it.. he was fine.. Nathan jumped once and Jango started puffing and bobbing his head at Nathan.. LOL.. I picked him up and placed him back on my shoulder and he ran right back down onto the trampoline.. he wanted to bask in the sun.. then he started trying to climb the net.. so I had to take him off again. Tonight at his bedtime, Jango got under his carpet again and went to sleep.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":ipdd0zuj said:
Haha, that's cute, my old man dragon gets under his carpet to sleep too even though he has a blanket :lol:
Jango has a "blanky" too.. but he don't sleep with it.. just sits on it during the day sometimes.

Finally got Jango 2 new basking lights (75watt) and a ReptiSun 10.0 tube light yesterday.. Mike ordered them online and set them up while I was at my Mom's yesterday.. he says one basking light don't make it hot enough in the tank so he has both of them on.. I moved his digital temp thing to the ground by his log he basks on and it only reads 102.6 with both lights.. he use to have 150 blue day bulb in there.. but it was dying.. it's what came with his first viv.. these new ones are Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamps.. is it ok to have both on since it only gets that hot? I'll take a picture of his viv and post it later tonight. I still want to get him a hammock.. mabie a rock or something too..he still tries to get into his background.. perhaps I should get him some plants to crawl in?

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
JangoMom":2yl7jo03 said:
BlueDragon09":2yl7jo03 said:
Haha, that's cute, my old man dragon gets under his carpet to sleep too even though he has a blanket :lol:
Jango has a "blanky" too.. but he don't sleep with it.. just sits on it during the day sometimes.

Finally got Jango 2 new basking lights (75watt) and a ReptiSun 10.0 tube light yesterday.. Mike ordered them online and set them up while I was at my Mom's yesterday.. he says one basking light don't make it hot enough in the tank so he has both of them on.. I moved his digital temp thing to the ground by his log he basks on and it only reads 102.6 with both lights.. he use to have 150 blue day bulb in there.. but it was dying.. it's what came with his first viv.. these new ones are Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamps.. is it ok to have both on since it only gets that hot? I'll take a picture of his viv and post it later tonight. I still want to get him a hammock.. mabie a rock or something too..he still tries to get into his background.. perhaps I should get him some plants to crawl in? I need to go get him into the bath right now.. have lots of things to do today and he decided to walk through his poo.. bleh!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hmm..double posted the last thing.. not sure how though? don't know how to get rid of one of them.. sorry.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
finally got Jango's lights in.. 8/26/12
015-7.jpg

his favorite spot.. he couldn't get to it in his old viv because he got to big.. now he has plenty of room again so he's happy (his tail is shedding) 8/26/12:
017-1.jpg

He even fell asleep on his favorite spot at bedtime 8/26/12:
021-3.jpg

Had to give Jango another bath today.. he decided to run through his food this morning before I got up and it dried on his feet and tail :roll:, after his bath I was wrapping him up in his towel and he seen his reflection in the mirror.. I thought he'd puff up and blackbeard it but nope.. he wanted to get to it.. not sure if he thought it was another beardie or just loves his reflection.. LOL.. he didn't want to leave! 8/27/12
022-1.jpg

023.jpg

026-1.jpg

030.jpg

033-1.jpg

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are two videos I took of Jango.. the first is just him wandering around and wondering what i'm doing.. the second is Jango trying to get into his background.. LOL

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":1vl2tpcb said:
the second is Jango trying to get into his background.. LOL
LOL! :lol: Poor Jango! He was so determined! To be fair though, I'd love to play in that tropical looking paradise :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok.. Jango LOVES bananas.. I know he can't eat them all the time.. but he just plain loves them.. everytime I eat one and he sees me eating it.. he goes wild until I give him a piece, then he munches it down in no time flat and wants more.. and I feel bad because I won't give him anymore for the day.. I usually give him some (just a little slice) at breakfast if we have them. He also mad at me because he's stuck eating Kale wich he doesn't care for at all.. I went to get him mustard greens wich he likes but none of the grocery stores I go to or surrounding ones have any.. mabie it's out of season?? Endive and Escarole is like $1.99/lb to $2.99/lb depending on what store I go to.. but I just always have the money for that.. at Walmart I can get Mustard greens for 98¢.. but I may as well have gotten him Endive or Escarole.. the Kale was $1.63 at Market Basket. I would also love to get him some Wax worms for a treat now and then but Mike won't let me keep them in the fridge (they need refridgerated) so I guess he'll have to stick to just crickets and his salads.

002-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom