Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So yesterday Jango started shedding his belly and got most of it done by bedtime.. then I got up this morning at 8:30am to his back shedding.. by 10am he had it all off by rolling around on his hiding log.. but I did manage to get a picture before he got it all off.. he wasn't too happy that I was taking his picture :lol:

9/1/12:
002-11.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
LOL! :lol: Oh my gosh! The eyes say it all! Like someone caught with their pants down! Poor Jango, atleast he'll be more comfortable now :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
had a scare the other day when I was playing with Nathan and glanced over at Jango's viv and seen a red foot :shock: I jumped up and opened his viv up and snatched Jango up and began to examine him.. looking around his viv to see what could've cut him.. not seeing anything.. my heart was pounding and Nathan was mad because I was making a fuss over Jango and not playing with him. I tried to look at his foot to see where the "blood" was coming from but Jango wasn't being very cooperative. I knew hubby wouldn't let me take him to the vet so I got on here and asked about it on the health section.. the more I looked at it the more it looked like dried up food pellets (they are red)..the other foot looked greenish (from the kale?) I looked in his food dish and it did look like some of the pellets were smooshed.. so I took him into the bathroom sink and made a bath for him.. let him soak and gently rubbed my fingers over the bottom of his foot and the "blood" seemed to come off and in the water it did seem to be dried food pellets that flaked off. I kept an eye on it the rest of the day and didnt see anymore "blood". Today I didn't put any food pellets in his salad and am keeping an eye on his foot.. just to see.. so far so good. *sigh of relief* Anyway.. here are a few pictures I took of Jango the past few days..Im gonna have to go.. Jango is blackbearding me because he wants out.. he wants out ALL the time anymore.. he's so spoiled.. I feel bad I can't let him out all day but when I have him out he gets bored after awhile with the window and wants to run around.. i'm afraid he'll get into a hole somewhere and I won't be able to get him.. so I sadly can't let him run.. I do have a harness for him but he is getting to big for it.

Relaxin' 9/2/12:
001-7.jpg

different angle 9/2/12:
004-6.jpg

Jango sleeps in the weirdest positions 9/3/12:
006-5.jpg

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":cjrick47 said:
Well, he sure does love to 'sexy leg' it! :D
yes he does.. he's my sexy leg boy! LOL Nathan always says he likes to sing that song.. "I'm sexy and I know it".. LOL

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all.. just me again. Today after Nathan got home from school we done homework, ate supper then went outside for about 2 hours, Jango as well. He loved it.. sat on my shoulder for awhile, basking in the sun and cuddling and hiding under my chin..LOL. then heard a cricket and wanted to go find it, so we went off for an adventure. I took a video but when I got the camera out he decided to stop hunting crickets and just sit in one place..LOL. Jango also had two baths today...he decided to romp through his poo. Jango usually poo's once a day.. but he will poo again if he wants out and I won't get him out right away, he gets mad and poos :roll: Anyways.. here's more pictures from the past few days..there are lots of them.. I'm sorry :oops:

9/4/12:
001-8.jpg

002-12.jpg

He cracks me up sometimes.. he looks like a little dog sitting here on his log..
003-7.jpg

005-10.jpg

He decided he wanted to get on the computer and look at his beardie friends:
006-6.jpg

009-9.jpg

In the bath and wanted to hold onto me.. 9/5/12
011-5.jpg

Loungin' after his bath..
014-5.jpg

020-4.jpg

He always sits on this log and looks at me when he wants out.. 9/6/12
001-9.jpg

Beardie Burrito.. 9/7/12
002-13.jpg

006-7.jpg

007-5.jpg

Everyone across the dragon bridge!
009-10.jpg

Sexy Leg master!
010-6.jpg

See my orange!
012-6.jpg

014-6.jpg

015-8.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":3om5eo1r said:
Anyways.. here's more pictures from the past few days..there are lots of them.. I'm sorry
You mean "sorry" there aren't more! :D
I LOVE that expression! :D
Beardie Burrito.. 9/7/12
The look is pure peace and joy. How lovely :love5:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":3hmtsfhl said:
JangoMom":3hmtsfhl said:
Anyways.. here's more pictures from the past few days..there are lots of them.. I'm sorry
You mean "sorry" there aren't more! :D
I LOVE that expression! :D
Beardie Burrito.. 9/7/12
The look is pure peace and joy. How lovely :love5:

I do love taking pictures of him.. I think I have more pictures of him than I do my own son anymore.. :oops:
I love that expression on his face in the bath too.. he was a mess.. just ran through some poo and wasn't too happy.
At first he didn't like the burrito.. but he likes it more now.. but still doesn't stay in it very long.. usually just after his bath until he warms up abit then wants out.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
:lol:
JangoMom":yswvu9x5 said:
I do love taking pictures of him.. I think I have more pictures of him than I do my own son anymore..
Don't feel too bad. I know I take more pics of Myah then my daughter! LOL! :lol: I can't/won't put my daughter's image all over the dang inter-web, so I do it with Myah. Far less chance of a BD being stalked :shock: If you're anything like me at all, the pics of your son are far more expensive. (Thank you Sears portrait studio... :roll: )

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I have pix of Vash a lot I just pick the ones that don't look all blurred thanks to the camera being old and almost
unable to focus. :roll:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":3go3jww7 said:
:lol: Don't feel too bad. I know I take more pics of Myah then my daughter! LOL! :lol: I can't/won't put my daughter's image all over the dang inter-web, so I do it with Myah. Far less chance of a BD being stalked :shock: If you're anything like me at all, the pics of your son are far more expensive. (Thank you Sears portrait studio... :roll: )

I took alot of pictures of my son when he was younger but he don't like his picture taken as much anymore and when I do happen to get a picture of him he's making some goofy face.. LOL. I do have some pictures of Nathan on my facebook page.. but only for family and friends. When he was younger I got his picture taken by professionals, but now he's in school we only have school pictures.. I just don't have the $$ for other places.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":3mclzx9k said:
When he was younger I got his picture taken by professionals, but now he's in school we only have school pictures.. I just don't have the $$ for other places.
Oh, heck, I hear ya! Thankfully, school pics have come leaps and bounds from my time. They seem to actually care about how they turn out now and half closed eyes and wrinkled noses seem a thing of the past. We'll have to do the Sears thing soon but you should hear the responses I get when I ask about our dog and my Myah! :shock: They don't know how to answer! LOL! :laughhard: I'm really not sure why including one med sized, well behaved dog and one med sized well behaved lizard is so offensive but I must admit, I get a kick out of hearing these people trip over their own words. :laughing6:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I love when they trip over words!
People at the pet store or bank don't even
know what to say when I bring in my lizard
they're used to dogs and cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom