Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
poor baby ava! that's so weird that one of those tiles fell down. i use them in both beardie vivs and they yank on those things all day and they haven't fell yet. one of them got a little loose and we trashed it and bought a new one. i hope she's feeling better, but ava's already a tough little girl so i'm sure she is.

as for your teeth, i agree that you should talk to your grandparents about it. i have to have surgery on my jaw soon and my parents are going to help me out with what my insurance doesn't cover and i'm going to be 24! sometimes you need a little help and there's nothing wrong with that. :)

reading that story made me really sad. everyone here that knows you knows that you're a good person. you treat your animals like they're your children just like the rest of us. you protect them and comfort them and keep them safe. you have a good relationship with paul even if he drives you nuts sometimes. :) you are not your father. you are your own person and you choose your own path. you're going to be fine. you're one of the toughest people i've had the pleasure of talking to. if you need a texting buddy just message me on here or tumblr and you can rant to me whenever you want! :3

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deb:
I'll try to, Deb. I promise. It's hard because my grandparents notice something's wrong and they say that there is nothing for me to be depressed about. That everything is going well. I said that I understand that and know that, but that doesn't change anything. I tried explaining to my grandfather today about how it's not just a state of being, but that there is something wrong that is more than just based on my emotions.

Chastity:
Yeah, it is weird that it happened, but such an eye opener. When Paul and I went looking at home Depot to price out everything yesterday, I ended up deciding to paint the inside of their cages instead of stapling the tile on. I'll have to let it air out for a while, but I feel like in the end it will be the better choice and look nicer than stapled on laminate tiles. The floor will still be laminate tiles though.

I just hate dentist with a burning passion. I can afford it with the trust that has been set up for me, but I don't like the idea of all the pain I will be in after and all the meds they make you take. I've also been told your still vaguely aware of everything going on around you and uh-uh no way. They need to knock me out otherwise I know I won't be able to deal. :lol: I'm a big ol' chicken.

Thanks. I really appreciate that and will probably take you up on that. It's hard though, knowing you're related to such a monster and knowing you have to take after him in some way. I don't know. But I did feel like that this was a piece I really wanted to share with everyone as it is something very close to me and that I'm proud of. There was something about this project that made me delve into the past and made me feel like I thoroughly went through it and have accepted it as a part of my life, albeit a bad one, but still a part of me.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
To top off everything, I think Zy is getting ready to lay eggs. She's been unusually hyper as of late and had a small poop yesterday and today. She's also been knocking on the side of her viv that is closer to Jace. Is it time for her to be a big girl?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like it is time for Zy to be a big girl. Puff laid an egg yesterday but nothing today, I'll give her a bath & see if she lays anymore. She won't use the dig box at all, so only in her tank or water. Good luck with Zy, sounds like all the usual signs.

As for you, if you find that you're getting depressed too often or anxious about things more than you think you should, it's time to see a doctor, maybe you need to get back on the meds you used to take? Or are you not taking the vitamins you're supposed to?

As for your dad, he might have contributed his sperm but you're just like your mom, you could be her twin. Everything Chastity said is so true, you're a strong person, you love Paul and your pets and it shows. No monster in you, Liz, you can always vent to me, too, anytime, k?

You should at least have your teeth seen, because if they don't come in straight they can push all your other teeth out of whack, I've seen the result. Just to see the dentist once won't hurt just to get their opinion. Eric had to have all 4 taken out because there just wasn't enough room and our dentist explained then what could happen to the rest of his teeth if they weren't taken out. Good luck!

I'm glad Ava is better, too!

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i hate the dentist too! i am not looking forward to friday :lol: on the bright side i can tell you when i got my wisdom teeth cut out and they put me to sleep. i don't remember any of it other than giggling from the "laughing gas" they use. my mom said when i got it done i cried afterwards because of "all the sad animals i wanted and she never let me get them". LOL. i don't remember that part either. you'll be fine!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deb:
Well, when Paul came over to take care of them, he saw some dig marks in the dig box. Not sure if those are the ones Zy made on her own of the ones I encouraged her to make. Puff is just an egg laying machine.

Thanks, Deb. I really appreciate the support in this community.

Chastity:
My grandma had been laughing gassed too, and she couldn't stop laughing at the saddest things.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thus far we have had success with the new calcium and vitamins I bought. Today was their first day on it and Sorin was actually good about it and licking his chops after. Zy was a little fresh, but that is understandable. Jace is in the bath right now so he will get his after.

Looks like Phoenix might be staying with us a little bit longer. Jeremy isn't feeling well and yesterday Kris wasn't - don't know about today if she is feeling better.

Had fun talking with Chastity last night via text. We both got to vent out our frustrations which was nice.

I changed some of my profile stuff on Facebook so that Phoenix is my profile picture and Sorin is my banner. Too cute.

I plan to spend the morning relaxing with Paul, maybe running a few errands and then doing homework once he leaves.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I put up a lot of post on Craig's List to try and make some money off of things I own, but no longer use or want. I haven't even finished going through everything yet, but that will have to wait. I'm going to attempt to get some homework done. Attempt being the key word.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Jace was out and decided he wanted back in in the worst way - here's a video:

Brat sure knows how to make me feel loved. :roll: :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Picture Update:

Jace:
Look at that face, he knows he's got it going on :lol:
suQNMOY.jpg

h71M2dj.jpg

oklEkGZ.jpg

luZvgmr.jpg

0aZ0JlF.jpg

I love this picture:
N1eMUzq.jpg

Here's what his coloration looks like - pretty accurate. It's so weird and cool that his scales are white and red all on one scale:
ye80pOz.jpg

And another video:

Zy:
Sand all over her face from being in her dig box today, she looks so proud:
uVF8oae.jpg

tgMRQd9.jpg

Xf4sBuf.jpg

hpcK2Ca.jpg

Sorin:
So pale when he wants to be:
mF7DX33.jpg

Iiagg0p.jpg

Any idea what that dark spot patch of scales are on his lower back? It's not that shadowing or anything:
dDtYyGG.jpg

XPy8Vt1.jpg

pMVqHfU.jpg

RD4dWG5.jpg

Phoenix:
SiuBAy7.jpg

XNfTqkz.jpg

fJtl1Tb.jpg

Nissa:
lJqZzAt.jpg

WnzxgXY.jpg

Eh919j9.jpg

Sorry Ava and Koth fans, no pics of either of them since neither have been feeling well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Isn't it usually the other way around, they dance to get out, not in :lol:

I'm glad you're feeling better, glad you were able to text Chastity, helps to have a friend to vent to, doesn't it?

I have to get onto your Facebook page, PM me your full name so I can find it, k?

I have Leo on my banner and Rubio in the bath is my profile picture. Deb Buss if you want to try to friend me.

Hope Jeffrey and Kristine are feeling better soon.

Love all the pics and the video, too. Sorin looks like he's starting a shed, if he's like Gabriel, who always goes dark when he starts a shed, then it goes translucent just before he shed it off. So could that be it?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace... Well, Jace is very "special" :lol:

Oh yeah. It definitely helps.

I messaged you on Facebook as it wouldn't allow me to send you a friend request. :?:

It's weird though, he's had that spot for a while now and I was starting to worry that maybe it was a burn. I hope it shed off, whatever it is.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Liz, I"ll check Facebook, at least you found me, a lot of people haven't been able to. I'll get on & friend you instead.

It wasn't a burn for Rubio, just a round circle of scales surrounded by a white line, my vet couldn't figure out what it was, neither could I. I wish now that I'd sent for a biopsy then, but she didn't want him to go through any pain until he had to, now we have no idea what's going on with him. At least his eyes are clear and focused, so that's a good thing. And I've been checking his breath, as when dragons are dying, they have very bad breath. His is still sweet, so that's also a good thing. I'll keep you posted when his blood results come in, they'll be in earlier than the biopsy.

And Jace is very special, they all are in their own ways. Jace reminds me so much of Gabriel, even though they don't look at all alike.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
You thought you were making the right choice at the time with Rubio. Neither of you knew what was/is wrong with him and weren't sure how severe it would be. I hope that the results will tell you what's wrong and what can be done. Poor Rubio is such a good boy.

Jace is my special boy. No doubt in that. I'm so glad I stuck it out with him and his tough phase. I like to think he's glad I did too. :lol: I can definitely see their personalities matching up pretty well.

How did you come across Gabriel, anyways?

Well, I sold this collectable coin for $30 this morning. I'm stoked. It'll go to the new sneakers I need to get for work - they have to be all black, not just partially. I don't think that's fair as no one has commented on them before and none of the customers can see them as I'm behind a counter, but whatever. I don't want to get written up.

It's slushy rain and sleet today. I was hoping to take Phoenix out to Petco as the girl who took interest in helping us will be working tonight and this is the only night she'll be here. I'm might still do it anyways and just have Paul warm his car up in advanced and keep the heat on high for Phoenix. He's such a little piggy. Eats with such gusto. He's starting to recognize that uncovering him is feeding first, play time after so he's more willing to eat now, though he still likes to cuddle.

UVB's need to be replaced by the end of April. So there's that too. I'm really hoping someone buys my Nikon 5005 35mm camera. The two people who wanted to buy it didn't realize it was film and I'm like seriously, I wrote film in the title and mention film three times in the description. It's such a gorgeous camera. If I could afford film and getting it developed and having a good scanner, I would keep it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks Liz, it's the morning to get Rubio to the vet, just need to keep him warm.

I found Gabriel at my local pet shop. He'd been abandoned by his owners, he was dehydrated, skinny, and covered in sand, sitting in a 10 gallon tank. Luckily I'd just done Roger's last income tax & got a large return, so the next day I took him straight to the vet. He was back to being himself within 3 mo, took that long to get rid of the parasite load he was carrying. Sweetie had died the previous December and I wasn't looking to use her tank, but when I found Gabriel, it was just meant to be. And here he is 2 years later, a bit part of my family :D

I'm glad you're getting rid of things you don't need, brings in $ for things you do need.

Is Zy digging again today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom