It's Here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
We went and picked out our bearded dragon this morning. We went to the pet store and told my son we were getting stuff for our hermit crab tank.....After walking around for a few min. we worked our way to the beardies.......After looking at them all for a few min. we asked what his favorite one was. Then we asked if he wanted to take it home!!! He was so excited at the point!!! He didn't know until last min he was picking out is own.

redbeard.jpg

My son named him (well we actual have no idea if it's a him lol) Red Beard.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved here from the General Discussion forum so he could get a proper introduction. :D

Congratulations on your new baby. Your son must have been very surprised. Was it a birthday present for him perhaps?

If you need help with anything, let us know.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":3fcn352r said:
Moved here from the General Discussion forum so he could get a proper introduction. :D

Congratulations on your new baby. Your son must have been very surprised. Was it a birthday present for him perhaps?

If you need help with anything, let us know.

Yes!! Tomorrow is my oldest 9th birthday. Today we all spent most of our day in front of the tank :) He is my sons but we are all loving him!!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
It is very interesting to me just how often "the kid's" pet dragon slowly becomes a family pet and then mom/dad's pet. :p Watch, when your son goes to college/moves out Red Beard will end up staying with you. :D They just have a way of squirming into your heart.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pixall":1bd9oocp said:
It is very interesting to me just how often "the kid's" pet dragon slowly becomes a family pet and then mom/dad's pet. :p Watch, when your son goes to college/moves out Red Beard will end up staying with you. :D They just have a way of squirming into your heart.

My son is already very attached but will let mom love on Red Beard to :)
LOL That's funny you say that.....around Easter all my kids (I have 4) decided they wanted hermit crabs. They still love the hermit crabs but mommy loves them way more than I ever thought I would. They are so spoiled. But I am going to try my hardest to let Red Beard spend more time with my son than me :) It might be hard as he is so stinking cute. That is why I am teaching my son to take care of him and making it his job that way they can bond.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
910.jpg

Here is a pic to show how small he really is. So stinking cute!!! We have all fallen in love!!

770.jpg

Here is where he slept the other night. Even cute while sleeping :) I know he is my sons but man did he have to pick such a cute little one.... LOL

So any guesses to how old he might be?? I'm thinking very very young. I am just wondering id Red is eating good or not..... today he had 18 crickets total... 4 in the morning, 7 in the afternoon and 7 tonight. I have also seen him take a couple bits of greens. Yesterday he had 29 crickets total. But he has only pooped twice since we got him. once the first day and a good size one before his afternoon feeding. I'm sure Red is still getting used to his new home and it will all level out soon but it just didnt seem like he ate much today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom