It's a GIRL!! Vet update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
So, if you have read any of my recent topics you know that I have been having worries with Spike and his not pooping. I made a vet appt this morning, and on the way their he pooped - ALOT!! That was the main reason for making the vet appt, but of course I kept it to see what was going on and if anything was wrong.
Overall health is good!! :D
Spike is a girl!! :shock: Previously thought she was a he, but I guess I was wrong! So, now her official name is Spike-a-lina, Spike for short, and nick is Bubba :lol:
They did a stool sample, since she gave it on the way :puke: . It was a huge amount, and had a long hard mass in it. She said that it wasn't really impaction, but obviously it stopped her up a it. She advised me to feed her smaller roaches and soak in pedialite. She does have a very small amount of parasites, but the vet said that it was very little and she was treated with her first set of meds.
She was very good though! I thought for sure this would be the first time I saw her bite anyone - all that poking, but she handled it very well!
The vet said my set up and feeding was excellent - thanks to all of you here! :D :notworthy:

I highly recommend this vet. She was absolutely excellent!! Owning and loving reptiles herself, she had more than just a "I'm the vet" knowledge. She explained things very clearly and made sure I understood everything she said. She took her time with me and with Spike, she was also very gentle. She stated many things we feel are the right way of care here. So if you are near or can make it to St. John Indiana, I highly recommend you go to her!!!
Dr. Kristek
St. John Animal Clinic
8661 Wicker Ave.
St. John, IN. 46373
(219)-365-8531

So, Spike is a she and is overall very healthy :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
YEAH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom