Is this "Yellow Fungus" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry to hear about Spike. The Vet explained that if the humidity is too high they can get a fungus growing under the scales from the moisture and parasites, mites, bugs of some sort. I would like to see a pic if your able so I can help you decide on what the problem is. Not to scare you, but this can be fatal if not treated asap. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing some pics.
Nikki

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
nikkiperry2580":f8av60o7 said:
I'm sorry to hear about Spike. The Vet explained that if the humidity is too high they can get a fungus growing under the scales from the moisture and parasites, mites, bugs of some sort. I would like to see a pic if your able so I can help you decide on what the problem is. Not to scare you, but this can be fatal if not treated asap. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing some pics.
Nikki

I have checked it again, and it doesn't looks like Fungus, it looks more like some Puberticy spots, like we have pickles in puberticy they have those yellowish orange things from their beards like here in this random pic I found on google: http://mrskingsbioweb.com/images/Beard2.JPG see the yellow things on his beard? My has the same but they go with some small stripes till his chest, to me they look like a colouring, bcz they started when he started to be more dominant , and also here in this wid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kOrnvrIr8I when you Stop the Pic at 1:14 there you can see the yellow beard, my has the same, Only that under his beard is also a bit yellow , but I will make a pic to make really sure he hasn't got, because when he has i can't call the vet, as in my country they don't even know what a bearded dragon is :[[

.. *edit* I got the Pic now: the Quality isn't the Best as i don't have a camera :[ but here it is
2rpfn8x.jpg
I hope it isn't fungus o.o , In my City as i already said the vets don't even know whats a bearded dragon :'[[

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
BeardedDragon6":1qczdhzc said:
.. *edit* I got the Pic now: the Quality isn't the Best as i don't have a camera :[ but here it is
2rpfn8x.jpg
I hope it isn't fungus o.o , In my City as i already said the vets don't even know whats a bearded dragon :'[[

To me those just look like markings. Yellow fungus is more patchy and random spots :D

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am sooooo proud to announce that Koche has shed and the fungus is out of here! Woo hooo, we are doing the "Happy Dance"! The betadine wash and Lamisil treatment worked like a charm! Koche is a happy healthy beardie. Now comes the chore of putting her tank back together. We only had paper towels for substrate and a rock tower for her basking spot. Now we can put the tank back together and I think she will be happy. She's missed all of her things, lol.

Thanks for all of the well wishes and advice, both myself and Koche are very appreciative!

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
nikkiperry2580":79ql7it2 said:
I am sooooo proud to announce that Koche has shed and the fungus is out of here! Woo hooo, we are doing the "Happy Dance"! The betadine wash and Lamisil treatment worked like a charm! Koche is a happy healthy beardie. Now comes the chore of putting her tank back together. We only had paper towels for substrate and a rock tower for her basking spot. Now we can put the tank back together and I think she will be happy. She's missed all of her things, lol.

Thanks for all of the well wishes and advice, both myself and Koche are very appreciative!

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

wohooooooooo glad she's recovered!!! Don't be alarmed if she gets a bit stressed when you put the things back in her viv- they don't like change and she will take a bit getting used to it. i recently changed my beardies viv around and she didn't eat much for 2 weeks and had stress marks- she is back to her happy self and is starting to eat normal again after having me worry like mad!

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the warning! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I think she really misses her decor, she keeps going to specific areas where she use to have rocks to climb on but are no longer there, and where her hammock use to be. lol.
Nikki

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the warning! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I think she really misses her decor, she keeps going to specific areas where she use to have rocks to climb on but are no longer there, and where her hammock use to be. lol.
Nikki

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
Hello there! I just wanted to add that some people (like me) read posts out of curiosity so that they can learn about things that affect beardies. They may not respond because they have no advice. Also, I love the video of your guy swimming. As the others said, honestly this website has been my life saver with my beardies and I would come here before asking any pet store. I love this forum. Good luck with your beardies, they are beautiful!

Elaina

Juvie Member
Keep an eye on that spot. Sometimes it appears clear after shedding, and soon enough it may start appearing yellow again. It won't hurt to keep putting the topical treatment on there for a week or two to keep it from coming back. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom