Is this "Yellow Fungus" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Your very welcome and hey, we all have to let off steam now and again lol- no damage done :D. My baby used to hate baths but she learnt to swim the other day and now loves it :blob5:

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Hahaha, I love video of Koche swimming :) Very cool

I hope you have the yellow fungus under control. Good luck!

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is so cute swiming isn't he! Koche is doing well. I"ve only been treating him since Monday for the yellow fungus. He's not crazy about it, but bless his little lizard heart, he deals with it quite well. His appetite is not where it should be, but I've totally changed his tank around and replaced his substrate with paper towels, removed his sticks. He only has a rock tower to raise him to the basking lamp. He's not very happy right now, as well as losing his tank mate. I'll give it a few days before I totally start to panic, lol!

CatUK, I saw the footage of your little one swimming, to cute. When Koche first enters the water he will scratch for a moment and then it's like a light switch comes on and he's like....Oh yeah, I like swimming, and off he goes!

I will keep you guys posted on Koche and his fungus treatment.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks. Im so pleased Koche is doing well. aw its lovely watching them swim- i was over the moon when terri learnt and began to like it :D

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am proud to announce that I'm already seeing a difference in Koche's belly. It's looking better already! I'm so excited!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
nikkiperry2580":kzoi5dil said:
I am proud to announce that I'm already seeing a difference in Koche's belly. It's looking better already! I'm so excited!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Ah im so pleased, glad he's doing better! x

Hi Nikki, I posted on a reply to this topic in beardie health and then saw it again here. I hope my reply wasn't to bleak...our battle with fungus was a sad one. After posting my reply, I read that you dragon is getting better. I am thrilled that his skin is looking better. Maybe his next shedding will make a big difference.
No matter what, like I said, stay away from Itraconisol. Even our vet regrets perscribing it.
Best of Luck!!! Robert

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol, Robert, I replied to your post in the health before seeing this post....Lol. Yes, he's doing a little better, just not interested in eating much. He's a fatty, so he's got some reserves to rely on, lol. I will keep you posted!
Thanks again for the advice.
Nikki

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, so I'm gonna post a before treatment and a treatment for 5 days pic to see the difference. However minute the difference, I can still see a slight difference!!! Woo hoo! I do however have another pic posted of his face. He has a dark spot on his lower jaw and I'm not sure what that is so I'm treating it as well. The vet said it wouldn't hurt, that there are many types of skin fungus and can come in any color.

Pic one: This was taken a few days before treatment.
PC035120web.jpg

Pic two: This was taken today, 5 days after treatment.
PC125164web.jpg

Pic three: This is the spot I was talking about on Koche's lower jaw.
PC125167web.jpg

Pic four: This is Koche after his bath and before his treatment. He's been such a good sport!
PC125170web.jpg

Ok, folks! There it is! He's doing very well and dealing with all the fussing over him very well also. I'll keep you posted in the following weeks as much as possible. He's trying to brumate I think, so be patient!
Thanks for the concern,
Nikki

curtbone123

Juvie Member
nikkiperry2580":7h6x2kym said:
Thank You so much for a reply! I do realize that not everyone has the time or is in my time to answer, although many have viewed, but not answered. That's whats confusing me :? . Regarding the fungus, I too were confused because of the pics I've seen were much worse. Maybe I've caught it early enough that we can treat with no complications.
Regarding the housing, we bought them together back in June this year. I had them together and then happened across this site and quickly split them up. They both seemed miserable for 2 months maybe. When I was finally able to sex them, they turned out to be male and female. I put them back together and they were very happy to see one another again. They sleep together, they sun together. When I let them out to play they roam apart, but close enough to keep tabs on one another.They bathe together. I am keeping a VERY close eye on them. :shock: I'm hoping nothing happenes, I keep them very well fed with crickets, phoenix worms, greens, broccoli,green pepper, few carrots, peas, grapes, strawberry, banana, apple.
I am about to break the tank down and put paper towels down, remove the vines and just keep a few rocks for basking. So it will be much easier to clean everyday. All of this info can be alittle overwhelming all at once. I'm just trying to weed though and find out what best fits me and my beardies.
Thanks again for the reply! I'll try and relax and wait for an answer, lol. Patience is so NOT my virtue!!!
Nikki

Sabella and Koche 6 mths

PC065132.jpg

PC055129.jpg

Snuggle buddies!
i totally agree with you 100 %!! i get alot of views but no answers its crazy :?

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
nikkiperry2580":1tqw8eqb said:
Ok, so I'm gonna post a before treatment and a treatment for 5 days pic to see the difference. However minute the difference, I can still see a slight difference!!! Woo hoo! I do however have another pic posted of his face. He has a dark spot on his lower jaw and I'm not sure what that is so I'm treating it as well. The vet said it wouldn't hurt, that there are many types of skin fungus and can come in any color.

Ok, folks! There it is! He's doing very well and dealing with all the fussing over him very well also. I'll keep you posted in the following weeks as much as possible. He's trying to brumate I think, so be patient!
Thanks for the concern,
Nikki

Great news that you have that fungus under control. Hope he'll be out of it in a matter of days.
Good luck! :)

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok folks, another update. It has no baring on Koche's health. I've just learned that Koche is in fact a girl!!! I decided to sex her again and low and behold, there is the bump. Between my husband and I we have 6 girls from the ages of 28, 25, 23 and mine 17, 15, 5 the last one is ours. He has 3 by a previous marriage, I have 2 by a previous marriage and we have one together. We also have 3 female cats and now 2 female dragons. Bless his heart, lol. She is doing fine, kinda trying to brumate, but still moving about, sluggishly. She as well as Sabella are not eating crickets now, but have fallen in love with baby food (beef) with calcium mixed in, baby food squash and sweet potato's. I'm still putting greens in their cages every day, but they barely eat them at all. I'm happy as long as they eat enough baby food to get the calcium and vitamins so we don't have any health issues as they are "practicing" this brumation thing, lol. Here are some up dated pics of my girls:

Koche, semi basking. lol
PC175187web.jpg

Koche's good side.
PC175191web-1.jpg

Koche's eye
PC175191webeye.jpg

Sabella on her basking log.
PC175178web-1.jpg

Sabella's eye
PC175176webeye3sabella.jpg

A little blurry, but still pretty cool.

My girls....love them dearly!

nikkiperry2580

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for asking! Both Sabella and Koche are doing great. Koche is the one being treated for Yellow fungus and is about to shed, finally, thanks goodness. So the true test will be to see after her shed if the yellow spots are gone. They both aren't interested in eating crickets (after I just bought 3,000 of them) so I've been feeding them baby food (beef, sweet potato, squash) while putting calcium in it to make sure they're getting enough in. I also give them greens as well, but they may eat one or two leafs a day. They nap, they have bouts of running around, they eat and bathe and are happy little lizards! I know they will liven up when it gets warmer, so I'm not concerned. Here are some pics of my girls. Oh yeah, I recently found out Koche is a girl. :shock: I thought I had sexed her correctly....not. There's no denying Sabella is a girl! Koche's pours on the inside of her legs were so big for the longest time so I assumed it was a he. Well, after lifting her tail one more time it is now evident.....she's a girl! The pours have seemed to shrink, they're not as big as before. Oh well....the poor husband is dominated with hormones. We have 6 children...all girls, 3 cats....all girls and now 2 beardies...all girls. Lol. Bless his heart. Ok here are some recent pics of my lizard girls! Hope you enjoy. I'll be posting some updated pics of Koche's belly after her shed.
Thanks again,
Nikki

This is Koche, just yesterday.
PC175194web.jpg

Sabella during tub time, of which she's not a fan of.
PC205294web.jpg

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
One question About that Fungus: How can they get a Yellow Fungus?
Im kinda worried about Spike, because he has some yellow things on his scales and on his beard do, the Yellow scales start on his beard untill his chest but he has it already when he started to grow , Is it a problem because when i saw this Post I checked all over Spikes body o_o *worries*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom