Is this stargazing or normal sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathruin

Original Poster
Yeah I am really praying it isn't Adeno. Turns out I have to return the flood light because I missed the GIANT letters that say LED lol. Meaning next to no heat at all. The highest Halogen Par38 I can get at my local stores is a 120w equivalent / 90w actual light. Should I just get that or should I order a higher wattage bulb and wait a week or so to get it?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The 90 watt halogen par 38 should be just fine for the temperatures/basking. So, no need
to get the more expensive reptile basking light right now.
Too bad your other light wasn't emitting much heat. I thought it looked like it said only 12
watts, but wasn't sure!
How is your little one doing today?

Tracie

Deathruin

Original Poster
Well I already have an expensive 150w basking light but I have no stand to hang it from to drop the temps down now that the basking spot is about 3 inches closer to the ceiling. The flood light I bought was a 120w LED light that I just happened to miss the part where it said LED lol. It's all good though, I'll build something to hang my basking light with, that should help disperse the light as well. No updates on Daenerys yet though. Best case I'll hear something by tomorrow afternoon but most likely won't hear anything concrete till Monday. Fingers crossed though.

P.S. As much as it would suck major ass to lose my baby girl, the pet store did say they would replace her if the vet finds her beyond saving. So I guess that's something but not much solace for the fact that my family and I have come to love our little baby girl.

Deathruin

Original Poster
Well, the worst happened and she passed away. Apparently she was riddled with tumors and doomed from the start. I'm glad she's no longer in pain though, even though it hurts to lose my first beardie ever.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've never ever heard of a baby full of tumors. How did they determine this ? Again, I'm sorry you lost your baby.

Deathruin

Original Poster
The vet did a necropsy after she died. They tried feeding her normally, then tube fed her, then about 4 hours later she died. The pet store gave me a new baby from the same clutch as hers and she is much much bigger and a more appropriate size to be sold. Still, I cried my grown man eyes out after I got that call from the vet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's good that they were thorough so you weren't left guessing. And yes, there is such sadness in losing a pet , esp. a baby that you'd want to badly to help give a chance at life. :( You did your best, you will make a very good owner [ dad ] for your next one.

Deathruin

Original Poster
I hope so. So far the new girl is super alerts. Ate 4 Phoenix worms out of the 10 I gave her (pet store ran out of crix today so she's only had meal worms and salad at the pet store). She better be prepared to be spoiled rotten haha. She's gotta weight at least 25g and is almost 10 inches long. Seems like a more appropriate size to be sold at to me. My first was only 5 or so inches when I got her.

Deathruin

Original Poster
Yep her name is Daenerys II. My wife and I love Game of Thrones and my 4 year old son spent the past month learning how to say it lol. Here's the pictures of the new girl.
95147-7566103977.jpg
95147-4330494125.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks very good ! A tad thin but nothing to worry about and nothing that a good feeding schedule won't take care of. :)

Deathruin

Original Poster
How many Phoenix worms should I offer her? I was gonna do 20 a day and offer salad too. Should I give her more?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, go with 2 feedings at first of 10 at a time for the first few days, you just want to be sure she's digesting food well + settling in for the first few days. You can already feed her the large size ones since they're not very big.

Deathruin

Original Poster
Cool, thank you. I'm sure I'll be back here often to get advice and show off her growth and development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom