Is this normal

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
If you still using that red bulb please get rid of it -- it will cause eye damage and it disrupts their sleep -- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb -- NO colored lights of any kind No off white or yellowish bulb or daytime bulbs those have a coating on them that harms the dragons eyes ---- example of what you want are Fluker basking --- Arcadia Halogen or Exo Terra Intense
Would you say an Arcadia floodlight would be good?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
If you still using that red bulb please get rid of it -- it will cause eye damage and it disrupts their sleep -- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb -- NO colored lights of any kind No off white or yellowish bulb or daytime bulbs those have a coating on them that harms the dragons eyes ---- example of what you want are Fluker basking --- Arcadia Halogen or Exo Terra Intense
The next time I go to the pet store I’ll be getting all the correct bulbs

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I would go w/ a halogen but a flood light will work
Are these good? Sorry for so many questions. These are the main ones my pet store sells.

Attachments

• IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are these good? Sorry for so many questions. These are the main ones my pet store sells.
Yes they will work - haven't been impressed w/ them as the longevity of them - but you can try them see how they do - you can always get flukers basking bulbs from petmountain.com

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Super cute baby, colors definitely change as they age. I got my new baby thr day after Christmas this past year and he was super dark. Now he's very light and mostly orange. The last two I had changed a bunch as they grew, one even had an orange beard when he would show it! They're all special and yours looks healthy at least! Heat and proper lighting are of utmost importance. I cannot stress that enough for a new parent. We're here, take the advice and feel free to ask for help!

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Super cute baby, colors definitely change as they age. I got my new baby thr day after Christmas this past year and he was super dark. Now he's very light and mostly orange. The last two I had changed a bunch as they grew, one even had an orange beard when he would show it! They're all special and yours looks healthy at least! Heat and proper lighting are of utmost importance. I cannot stress that enough for a new parent. We're here, take the advice and feel free to ask for help!
Ok thank you! I am getting proper everything this Sunday as I did order it:)

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Do you have good luck with fluckers lasting?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom