Is this normal

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
This is my bearded dragon, I got him from pet supplies plus and they didn’t tell me his age. They just said they had papers but the boss had them. The enclosure they were in said they were a “fancy bearded dragon” which if anybody here thinks otherwise please tell me. I think he’s about 2 months bc he weighs 8 grams and is about 6 1/2 inches long. I do not have the proper uvb bc I learned later after getting him that you need a tube uvb and it can’t be just any uvb aka a coil but I ordered a tube uvb and it will be here Saturday. My dragon is active and is eating fine but I’m just wondering is this the right weight and is he actually a “fancy bearded dragon”. I know I made a huge mistake with the uvb but this is my first time and I’m trying, please try to remember that I have ordered one and it is coming.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 242

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is my bearded dragon, I got him from pet supplies plus and they didn’t tell me his age. They just said they had papers but the boss had them. The enclosure they were in said they were a “fancy bearded dragon” which if anybody here thinks otherwise please tell me. I think he’s about 2 months bc he weighs 8 grams and is about 6 1/2 inches long. I do not have the proper uvb bc I learned later after getting him that you need a tube uvb and it can’t be just any uvb aka a coil but I ordered a tube uvb and it will be here Saturday. My dragon is active and is eating fine but I’m just wondering is this the right weight and is he actually a “fancy bearded dragon”. I know I made a huge mistake with the uvb but this is my first time and I’m trying, please try to remember that I have ordered one and it is coming.
Looks about right for age-- what brand and bulb did you order?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Looks about right for age-- what brand and bulb did you order?
Also if you think I should get a different uvb light I will but I don’t have the time nor money just yet but as soon as I get the money I will get a newer one. The only problem is is that I get paid with money and we have a pet supplies plus but they are expensive so it may take a little bit as I am young but I’m trying my best. I do think that light would be ok as it had very good reviews but the problem may be the size and finding a new bulb when it needs replaced but I can do it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Also if you think I should get a different uvb light I will but I don’t have the time nor money just yet but as soon as I get the money I will get a newer one. The only problem is is that I get paid with money and we have a pet supplies plus but they are expensive so it may take a little bit as I am young but I’m trying my best. I do think that light would be ok as it had very good reviews but the problem may be the size and finding a new bulb when it needs replaced but I can do it.
Ok so I am assuming that fixture has a reflector in it ---- please change the bulb out to a Reptisun 10.0 22" for a 24 " fixture you got the one w/ the 5.0 bulb????????? It doesnt matter you need the one I posted - here is the bulb you want Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this bulb is a better quality bulb - when you get this please post back on here and I will help you get it placed for your tank - the screen will determine where the UVB goes

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Ok so I am assuming that fixture has a reflector in it ---- please change the bulb out to a Reptisun 10.0 22" for a 24 " fixture you got the one w/ the 5.0 bulb????????? It doesnt matter you need the one I posted - here is the bulb you want Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this bulb is a better quality bulb - when you get this please post back on here and I will help you get it placed for your tank - the screen will determine where the UVB goes
I got the 10.0 bulb and it’s 8W

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Technically there isn't a "fancy" morph. Thats just a ploy that box stores use to get more money from a more colorful beardie. That absolutely does not mean that your beardie is any less special or beautiful. The thing with beardies though (no matter the morph) what you see is not always what you get, their color can change dramatically as they get older. A really colorful baby could be darker and kindda plain as an adult, or a standard gray/black could be tan and orange as an adult. So unless you can see the parents it's anyones guess how they will turn out. But EVERY single one of them are special and the best beardie in the world will always be YOUR beardie 😉🙂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your beardie is a cutie btw 🙂

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
the post said 8 W 5.0 and the 24 watt is the 10.0 but you want the bulb I posted -- its a better quality bulb --
Mine gave me an option to pick 10.0 with and 8W and ok I’ll try to get it. However I don’t believe the uvb I got is 24” I think it’s only 12” but I’m not sure as I haven’t got it yet. And when I get the chance I’ll probably upgrade to the Acadia (I think that’s how you spell it but it auto corrected me lol) kit when I have the money :)

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Mine gave me an option to pick 10.0 with and 8W and ok I’ll try to get it. However I don’t believe the uvb I got is 24” I think it’s only 12” but I’m not sure as I haven’t got it yet. And when I get the chance I’ll probably upgrade to the Acadia (I think that’s how you spell it but it auto corrected me lol) kit when I have the money :)
IMG_2434.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
12" uvb is way too small - the Arcadia pro T 5 w/ 24 watt 12% bulb are really good PetSmart carries them now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When I get the money I will immediately upgrade to that : ) thank you for the advice. I thought it was 24” when I got it then realized it could be 12”
You will need to have that 5.0 bulb unobstructed No screen- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - that bulb is not real good so the sooner you get the Arcadia the better

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom