Is this normal

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
You will need to have that 5.0 bulb unobstructed No screen- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - that bulb is not real good so the sooner you get the Arcadia the better
Could you maybe send a link for a bulb and a hood that is good? If so maybe I could cancel that Amazon order

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel

SunnyRalph

Beardie name(s)
Raphael
This is my bearded dragon, I got him from pet supplies plus and they didn’t tell me his age. They just said they had papers but the boss had them. The enclosure they were in said they were a “fancy bearded dragon” which if anybody here thinks otherwise please tell me. I think he’s about 2 months bc he weighs 8 grams and is about 6 1/2 inches long. I do not have the proper uvb bc I learned later after getting him that you need a tube uvb and it can’t be just any uvb aka a coil but I ordered a tube uvb and it will be here Saturday. My dragon is active and is eating fine but I’m just wondering is this the right weight and is he actually a “fancy bearded dragon”. I know I made a huge mistake with the uvb but this is my first time and I’m trying, please try to remember that I have ordered one and it is coming.
Aww... just a little fella. Hes adorable. Not sure if he is a fancy or not, I've been looking into everything bearded dragon material wise for 2 years now. Getting better at some of the terms for our little birdies. He looks like a normal beatdie ; however, maybe after he gets a little older , you may be able to tell.
I thought my girl Ralph was a fancy and a boy, turns out she is a regular beardie, and a girl. Found out when she was about a year old.
She's the best buddy. Almost have her trained to cone when I call her name.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Aww... just a little fella. Hes adorable. Not sure if he is a fancy or not, I've been looking into everything bearded dragon material wise for 2 years now. Getting better at some of the terms for our little birdies. He looks like a normal beatdie ; however, maybe after he gets a little older , you may be able to tell.
I thought my girl Ralph was a fancy and a boy, turns out she is a regular beardie, and a girl. Found out when she was about a year old.
She's the best buddy. Almost have her trained to cone when I call her name.
That’s so sweet my little dude or girl doesn’t come to his name but he loves chillin with me. Sadly I’ve been pooped on twice but I gotta get use to it

SunnyRalph

Beardie name(s)
Raphael
3 years and she really just does what ever she wants. Lol I leave her door open and she runs in an out, scared the poop out of me when I had her on the back porch, spent 3 hours looking for her, went to my room to cry, and she was in her cage, looking like, " what I was ready to come in" I laughed called her a bugger head. Now she runs the house,,, including the cat and bulldog... lol

Attachments

• 20230527_063228.jpg
    20230527_063228.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 62

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
3 years and she really just does what ever she wants. Lol I leave her door open and she runs in an out, scared the poop out of me when I had her on the back porch, spent 3 hours looking for her, went to my room to cry, and she was in her cage, looking like, " what I was ready to come in" I laughed called her a bugger head. Now she runs the house,,, including the cat and bulldog... lol
Omg look at that face. They really are the rulers of side eye 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2398.jpeg
    IMG_2398.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 59

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your little one is super cute! How is the lighting coming along?
She definitely does have some great color, which will be developing even more as she gets older.

Tracie

SunnyRalph

Beardie name(s)
Raphael
They all have their own personality. We're going through her having her first clutch of eggs. So I'm having to learn all about unfirtial eggs, and the best way to keep her happy and healthy, and what to do ... lol

Attachments

• 20230518_190920.jpg
    20230518_190920.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230523_062834.jpg
    20230523_062834.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 48

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Hello,

Your little one is super cute! How is the lighting coming along?
She definitely does have some great color, which will be developing even more as she gets older.

Tracie
Ok so I ordered a lighting that ended up being small but thankfully I caught that before it came so I replaced it with one that is 24’’ and when it comes I will most likely be replacing the bulb. He or she 😅 is absolutely beautiful in my eyes and I love him so much and literally hangout with him all the time 😂. My only problem is having to cut his live food bc my stepdad got to big of the size but if it helps him I’ll do it just makes me kinda grossed out

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Nova
I got my bearded dragon at petsmart, they never told me his birthday either, I got him august 21 in 2022, his label was just a bearded dragon, but there was fancy bearded dragons. I don’t think store actually know what morph the bearded dragon actually is so they label it “fancy”

Attachments

• 9974F2BA-9B1B-4BA7-8298-C76F60FF1345.jpeg
    9974F2BA-9B1B-4BA7-8298-C76F60FF1345.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 62
  • BE8D320F-FB42-49D1-B47F-28AEB7782F54.jpeg
    BE8D320F-FB42-49D1-B47F-28AEB7782F54.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 8AB8F781-A4B3-44D3-B191-255FA734E548.jpeg
    8AB8F781-A4B3-44D3-B191-255FA734E548.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 56
  • A7425AD2-3148-4E7D-8B81-38F8EC606BAE.jpeg
    A7425AD2-3148-4E7D-8B81-38F8EC606BAE.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 58

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you still using that red bulb please get rid of it -- it will cause eye damage and it disrupts their sleep -- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb -- NO colored lights of any kind No off white or yellowish bulb or daytime bulbs those have a coating on them that harms the dragons eyes ---- example of what you want are Fluker basking --- Arcadia Halogen or Exo Terra Intense

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
If you still using that red bulb please get rid of it -- it will cause eye damage and it disrupts their sleep -- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb -- NO colored lights of any kind No off white or yellowish bulb or daytime bulbs those have a coating on them that harms the dragons eyes ---- example of what you want are Fluker basking --- Arcadia Halogen or Exo Terra Intense
It’s not red but it may look like it, it’s a “zilla incandescent bulb ” that’s what the package says

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
It’s not red but it may look like it, it’s a “zilla incandescent bulb ” that’s what the package says
Found out thats a daylight bulb so I will be upgrading thank you : )

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom