is my baby beardie sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Make sure you give him about an hour or two with the basking light on before you turn it off for bed time. He needs some time to warm back up from the bath.

-Brandon

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I haven't heard of anything called stargazing with beardies, cornsnakes sure but not beardies. Do they get that disorder too?

louby13

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i cant get another light for couple of dayas n e suggestions will he be ok as obviously not eating his crickets with calcium on them but he had 6 on sun

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
he is better off without the ReptiGLO UVB for a few days until you get the new bulb (it is the tube and not the COIL one right?). Could very well be relocation stress plus ill effects from the light

louby13

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey guys just wanna say thank you for your help but a wk later Loki passed away had liver failure..... we have a new addition Yoshi and we have changed the light for a repti sun and seems to be doing well eating bit hit and miss but putting that down to relocation stress

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am sorry to hear that.

I am glad Yoshi is doing good though, for the most part.

-Brandon

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
hey, i buy my arcadia from :
http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php/reptile-lamp-1inch-25w-p-985
Thats the 30 inch one, but there are other sizes. You will need to chnage the UVB every 6 months, so when this reptiSUN runs out switch to the arcadia. I find the price cheaper and they are better bulb (we are very lucky over here!)

Sorry to hear about Loki, i just had a very near miss with my lady, she had kidney failure, if she wasnt such a chunker it may have gone the same way! but happy to hear Yoshi is doing well with the new bulb.

louby13

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank u well we got him only tue so only been 5 days hes had 2 crickets and 2 wax worms in that time but putting it down to stress just trying to leave him alone but we r making sure we keep him hydrated with a bath every other day and trickling water on him which he does take....and he only did his first poo yest so hopefully he should eat soon.... we have got the wax worms as a desperate messure but being persistant with the crickets.

how long can he go eating like this before i should worry. xxx

louby13

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks buggsty we live in the uk too just we needed the light quick as our new beardie was showing thr same symptons but they arcadia was out of stock but will def get that one nxt time appreicate that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom