is it ok to feed my beardie spoiled vegatables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
i have some collard greens that smell a little spoiled is it ok to feed them to my beardie? cuz im not sure if bearded dragons can eat spoiled food thanks!

pogvitt

Hatchling Member
I wouldn't, and chances are your beardie won't eat it anyway - they can be fairly picky when it comes to food.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
pogvitt":33ddmyye said:
I wouldn't, and chances are your beardie won't eat it anyway - they can be fairly picky when it comes to food.
yea i know :lol: but see the collard greens still look fresh but just have a spoiled smell to it what you think if i just wash it off and then give it to my beardie you think that would work or dont give it to him at all?

izz

Juvie Member
I think it might be okay but he probaly won't eat it,very posh creatures deserving the best food!!!lol :lol:

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
izz":2cl44g9m said:
I think it might be okay but he probaly won't eat it,very posh creatures deserving the best food!!!lol :lol:
yea you right izz he's a very posh creature :lol: but i just brought the collard greens like 3 weeks ago and i have a whole lot more left! i dont wont all of that to go to waste :(

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
I only give beardies stuff that I myself would eat. If I wouldn't want to eat it, than it's not good for my dragon. But that's just me.
:)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
If it's spoiled than don't give it to them. Collard greens are only 99 cents for a giant bushel around here, so it's not really going to waste.

i throw that stuff away as soon as it stops looking bright green. i would never give mine anything old it grosses me out. who wants to eat some slimy yellow leaves, not a damn thing thats who.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":z1njnqvr said:
Would you want to eat spoiled food?
naw but you know bearded dragons are not like us they can probably eat things like that they have a different system than us

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
colorourselves":34dth5nq said:
i throw that stuff away as soon as it stops looking bright green. i would never give mine anything old it grosses me out. who wants to eat some slimy yellow leaves, not a damn thing thats who.
see thats the thing i have they look bright green but just have a smell to them and i have alot more left i just dont want it to all go to waste you know what i mean :( its not slimy or anything it just have a little smell to it

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've had collards and mustard with that smell but still look ok. It usually just one leaf in the bag messing the whole bunch up. I've fed them before after washing, just make sure there is no discolored or spoiled spots.

Anymore I chop my greens up and store them in a air tight container with multiple layers of paper towels. The towels help keep the excess water off of the greens and makes them last longer.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gail":is6pqspo said:
I've had collards and mustard with that smell but still look ok. It usually just one leaf in the bag messing the whole bunch up. I've fed them before after washing, just make sure there is no discolored or spoiled spots.

Anymore I chop my greens up and store them in a air tight container with multiple layers of paper towels. The towels help keep the excess water off of the greens and makes them last longer.
yea thats what i was thinking gali some of them do look yellow tho but some of them are green also so i was going to wash them off and then give it to my beardie but im just curious what will happen if i feed my beardie spoiled collard greens? and thanks for the advice ima try it out! :D

lightheart

If I wouldn't eat it, then I wouldn't feed it to my dragon, well I'm not going to eat crickets or worms :lol: so I guess I do feed him things I won't eat, but for veggies... If your dragon isn't eating the greens before they go bad, start eating greens yourself, they really are good. A little stronger tasting than spinach, maybe a little 'greener' tasting. Once vegggies like broccoli and greens start turning yelowish in the fridge (or even on the plant) they start loosing their nutrients or the nutrient content starts changing. If it's only a few leaves turning yellow or wilting go ahead and pull those off and wash the green ones and feed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom