Is it normal for him to be sitting with his feet up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnonikki

Hey! This is my first post on here. I just got my first ever bearded dragon a little over a week ago... Is it normal for him to be sitting with his heel on the ground but his foot pointing upward?

Also, is there anything I can do to help him not see his reflection in the cage? I think he sees himself because he runs over to the glass and keeps looking and sometimes does the running along the glass... Not just where I'm sitting, but on all sides.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Kind of __-- (heel on the ground, toes all pointing up like the ground is hot?)

Yes, that's normal. Mine do it all the time.

I use some cardboard inserts on 3 sides of the cage. On the inside walls, putting it on the
outside just makes a mirror. I've seen folks use construction paper, cloth, and even custom
built textured wall liners. I'd recommend that you avoid those Styrofoam inserts as they
have a tendency to melt if the heat lamps are too close.

Only thing is that you have to watch the buggies or they'll slip away and get behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom