Is he look healthy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah. He looks like his arms and legs are well developed and he's a good size. Nice and alert and bright eyed. Looks healthy to me =)

How is his appetite? Does he explore when you have him out and about?

Bbatteen

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3qa3dvc7 said:
Yeah. He looks like his arms and legs are well developed and he's a good size. Nice and alert and bright eyed. Looks healthy to me =)

How is his appetite? Does he explore when you have him out and about?

Well he eats a little bowl of baby kale and basil and carrots and a little more then ten meal worms a day. He is a active fella. Is is 9 inches and he loves snuggles

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like he's happy then. You may want to add some variety to his diet. Since he's still young he'll need lots of protein so I would consider crickets, roaches, silk worms, black soldier fly larvae, and hornworms as far as bugs go.

For salads, I'd rotate regularly depending on what looks fresh at the store each week. I like to offer 2-3 items from this list in each salad. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Bbatteen

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1w4fwx56 said:
Sounds like he's happy then. You may want to add some variety to his diet. Since he's still young he'll need lots of protein so I would consider crickets, roaches, silk worms, black soldier fly larvae, and hornworms as far as bugs go.

For salads, I'd rotate regularly depending on what looks fresh at the store each week. I like to offer 2-3 items from this list in each salad. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

How many horn worms could he eat a day

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe a couple of the smaller ones. I don't use them as a staple but offer them as a treat along with the other bugs.

Bbatteen

Original Poster
CooperDragon":97dz0m5v said:
Maybe a couple of the smaller ones. I don't use them as a staple but offer them as a treat along with the other bugs.

I had crickets for my ankles but they did fast so is there a way to keep them longer I feed them and everything

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I had trouble with crickets dying too. Try to keep the bin as clean as possible. I found they seem to like warmer temps so maybe a heat pad under the bin or a ceramic heat emitter over it would help. If you use a heat pad it should be on a thermostat or the bin should be propped up so air can flow underneath. I also bought bulk small crickets and waited for them to grow which only takes a couple of weeks. I eventually switched to dubia roaches which are MUCH easier to care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom