is coastal silkworms good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burt1016

Juvie Member
so i wanted to place a order for silkies. and can someone tell me if coastalsilkworms is a good place or if there is a better place to buy them from?

dawnki

Juvie Member
I've placed many orders with Coastal and have been completely satisfied every time. Mulberry Farms is also a good source as well as The Silkworm Shop.

burt1016

Juvie Member
Original Poster
the silkworm shop looks really expensive. mullberryfarms wont let me order from them... so i guess its coastal silkworms!!!!

am a very satisfied customer of Dave's. http://www.GeorgiaBugs.com/pricelist.htm. Orders come on time, there are akways overages and never DOA. I use his silkworm chow mix and it's great too. I am feeding a Veiled Chameleon and a 6week old beardie. He had been home less than an hour and the beardie had eaten several quarter inch crix and a small silkworm. From what I have read he is already eating well.

While I won't comment on our company (as I do own it), I will say we supply the world with our products if that says anything. We also have the largest distrubion network of silkworms in the US. We offer service coast to coast with our main company in Fl and a sister store in CA. This means faster shipping and lower prices no matter where you live.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
COASTALSILKWORMS":a3cb2 said:
While I won't comment on our company (as I do own it), I will say we supply the world with our products if that says anything. We also have the largest distrubion network of silkworms in the US. We offer service coast to coast with our main company in Fl and a sister store in CA. This means faster shipping and lower prices no matter where you live.

But you don't import the silkie eggs into the US. MF does. You get all your supplies from Mulberry Farms.

No, that is not correct. While we use to get the China eggs from them we no longer use them and have switched everyone over to the new eggs. This is why you have seen a change of worms this year. Each party has contracts for a set amount of eggs for a set amount of time.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
COASTALSILKWORMS":6ab5c said:
No, that is not correct. While we use to get the China eggs from them we no longer use them and have switched everyone over to the new eggs. This is why you have seen a change of worms this year. Each party has contracts for a set amount of eggs for a set amount of time.

I was under the impression only MF has an import license in the US for silkie eggs or they did last year only. Ummm, guess I will check this out as I used to raise and sell just like you are doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom