Took a fecal sample in today and vet has a policy to wait 48 hours to test?

Butternubs1

Beardie name(s)
Nacho
I thought the goal was to get the freshest sample possible? I had my dragon dewormed about a month ago and the meds killed her appetite. So I dropped a sample off near work today at another place by my work and the girl said that for all reptile fecal samples they wait 48 hours before testing. She didn’t know why but said it’s a standing order from the vet. This place is supposedly the best exotic vet in the area.

Anyone know if a good reason for this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I thought the goal was to get the freshest sample possible? I had my dragon dewormed about a month ago and the meds killed her appetite. So I dropped a sample off near work today at another place by my work and the girl said that for all reptile fecal samples they wait 48 hours before testing. She didn’t know why but said it’s a standing order from the vet. This place is supposedly the best exotic vet in the area.

Anyone know if a good reason for this?
Nope and every vet I know wants it tested in 24 hr

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
same here. it needs to be within 24 hours and not refrigerated. vet before that, but at the same location, said the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom