interesting article about behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherSullivan

Hatchling Member
Not a very in depth article is it??? I didn't like the whole "bearded dragons are very easy to care for." Thought that was a total lie. LOL! Wish that mike guy would've covered more of the basics instead of just "they are loving docile creatures". That just goes to show you need to look at SEVERAL different sources for proper care of any animal!!!

broozersfam

Original Poster
I agree with you about the easy to care issue b/c certainly they are not!! LOL The best thing i took away from it was why my Sampson and Bruce are acting like complete pigs........must be the breeding season!! LOL

Gail

BD.org Addict
I didn't care much for the article. Besides making them sound super easier to care for (it never mentioned heat/UVB) it also trivialized their behavior. It might make people think its ok for their dragon to interact, even fight because it "comical" and "entertaining"

broozersfam

Original Poster
What i find even more interesting is that this guy is supposed to be an "expert" in lizards! HA! Doesn't sound like it to me! I just thought y'all would get a hoot out of what i have found as being highly recommend as "expert" advise on beadrdies!! LOL

warnisha

Juvie Member
Interesting...no mention of special lighting, told people its okay to use meal worms and any kind of greens, and they eat small animals? Oh dear. Yes it is ineresting to see their behaviors but you wouldn't want two together just to see these behaviors! Makes it seem like they can just be together no problemo! oh my just goes to show you to look at many many many sources first!

mrstuart75

Hatchling Member
I have to laugh when people say these little guys are "easy to care for" and make "great first pets" WHATEVER!!! A dog or a cat is easy...dragons are not! Well worth it, beyond what I ever imagined, but definitely not something I'd suggest for everyone!! :study:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom