incredibly attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm having one of those days when my emotions seem to be sitting just right on the surface....

Poncho was asleep in his blankie and had been for about 10 minutes so needless to say he was out cold. I was playing on my phone waiting for my unisom to kick in and I started listening to a song that I've decided is mine and Ponchos mommy/son song. Well of course I uncover his little head (he's still asleep bc its dark) and start singing it to him. I burst into the biggest crocodile tears, sobbing, ugly cry ever. Poncho doesn't open his eyes at all, he just crawls out and does the wiggle under my chin. He kissed my neck one time and wiggled again. He is so smart and so sweet.

I am soo scared of how attached I am. I love him more than life itself. I know that sound crazy to some people but he has saved my life. Before Poncho I was so depressed. He is the reason I wake up every morning. My motivation to fight all of my chronic illnesses. He is my soul. I can't imagine living without him ever again. I had a dachsund that I loved this much for 14 years, when he died it was like losing a child and Poncho filled that empty void in my life. Ok I know y'all think I'm nuts now so I'm going to attempt to sleep. I guess I just needed to vent so id stop crying. Ponchos poor head had a puddle of tears on it.

The song is I won't give up by jason mraz btw...youtube it if you've never heard it. It just reminds me of me saving him and loving him and how far he's come, we've come together.

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yall have made me feel soo much better. I am guilty too of sitting here thinking about "how long will I have him?" He's my little survivor. When I first got him he was about 7 months old. He was 7 3/4 inches and only 53 grams. He had never had a uvb light at all, was fed 5 or 6 crickets a day if they remembered, on wood chips, no thermometer...everytime I would go to their house I would hold him and he'd sleep on my chest. One day I said I was lonely since I had to put my dog down early that year and they decided to give him to me as a gift (my plan :D ) so I loaded up his 10 gallon tank into the front seat of my car and drove him home. I had never owned a reptile before. Who knew I would fall in love?? bahh I'm going to cry again! ::subject change::

Here are some (ok alot) of pictures lol I have posted a couple of these in another thread but honestly dont remember which ones or where?! Soo here they are again. i'm going to attempt to put them order lol!

A picture I took when visiting his previous owner (about a week before I brought him home with me) look how short he is standing up :(
oldhome.jpg

About a week after I brought him home. Still a shrimp but look at his belly, its getting bigger :) (I hadnt joined this site yet so didnt know anything about his home.) I thought I was doing good to put that stick on in there lol!
comehome.jpg

After my first baff
firstbath.jpg

My am not a messy eater, mommy is a messy feeder!
nomnom.jpg

me being cool in my first nomnom bucket (cricket eating container lol)
hotstuff.jpg

My firstest stuffie, my nellyphant. he was still bigger than me then lol
elephant.jpg

hey, pay attention to me or i'll make you dieeee
iwantattention.jpg

HAPPY BABY DRAGON
bessessmile.jpg

Easter basket
easter.jpg

my hat for the royal wedding lol
royalwedding.jpg

practicing for his future frat parties
party.jpg

baaaabies for the baby
stuffielove.jpg

Tracie sended me a box :)
box.jpg

my new BIG, decorated housey. I was talking to my new neighbors the "mingo" twins!
newdecor.jpg

my swimmie pool :) and dont laugh at this leash thing or i get very upset!!
I was actually sitting in here with him until I started thinking about how awful it would be to see me try to get my big butt out of this pool if he suddenly made a poopers. He did about 5 minutes after I rolled myself out lol
wimmiepool.jpg

Alright, sorry for all the pictures. I'm a proud mommy :blob8:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
YAY! you posted PONCHO!
all i can say is those pictures officially made my night.
OMG?!?!?! He is GORGEOUS!!! what a healthy happy boy! and you are one proud parent ... WOW.
the "frat party" pic is hilarious!!!
the pool pic is to die for!!!
and his stuffed animals are great. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i love them ALL! :blob5: :blob5:
he was SOOOOOOOOOO skinny in the first picture ... i can see why you are absolutely in love :)
and see? ... you both saved each other. soulmates :)
i am so happy you put up pics, thank you!!!!
~Em

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
im going to show both my beardie girls Poncho in the morning ...
he might just have two VERY PRETTY girls in his fan club (they are flirts with the dashing boys around the forum ;) )
~Em

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you both! Y'all have made my night by gushing over him. I think he's very handsome myself but I'm very biased. Lol! He would love a fan club!

He is 1 year, 4 months now (I picked april fools day to be his birthday bc his personality just fits it and I know he was born sometime in April). He's com a long ways since he came to in November hasn't he? :) the last time weighed him (2-3 weeks ago) he was 357 grams.

And one more cute Poncho moment, Him and I both love beard sugars.I raise his little chin up and kiss it as fast as I can lol he will start moving his head around to make sure I get all the spots that need kissing. And when he's done he gently sets his hand down on my lip like "okk I done".

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
oh, that was me gushing over him twice! ha!
hadda make two posts, i forgot about telling you about showing him to my girls ;)

and what sweet little sugar kisses yall give!!! awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!
hearts! HEARTS! :love5: :love10: :love5: :love10: :love5: :love10: :love5:
i love him!!!
~Em

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
I am the same way.. I have a 7 year old son who doesn't like cuddling with me anymore because in his words "he isn't a baby anymore".. so I love cuddling with my beardie Jango.. but then sometimes my son gets jealous and wants to cuddle too.. LOL. we also have tons of fish and when one dies I get upset and nearly cry.. my hubby thinks i'm crazy because "they're just fish".. perhaps to him.. but to me they are family.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
First, I'm responding to the Poncho pictures. The X-box controller made me almost die laughing! :laughhard: :D I liked the ones with the stuffies. SO cute! :D I'm going to give Nim a stuffie once I think about which one of mine I want pooped on. :)

JangoMom":2tad6ien said:
I am the same way.. I have a 7 year old son who doesn't like cuddling with me anymore because in his words "he isn't a baby anymore".. so I love cuddling with my beardie Jango.. but then sometimes my son gets jealous and wants to cuddle too.. LOL. we also have tons of fish and when one dies I get upset and nearly cry.. my hubby thinks i'm crazy because "they're just fish".. perhaps to him.. but to me they are family.

I'm sixteen and I sometimes cuddle with my mom. She still reads me stories before I go to bed even. But I am young at heart anyway. I admit that I'm the same way about fish. I never grew attached to any of the fish I had. But bugs were a different story. I can still understand about the fish though. Well, I just had to respond before I went to bed. Good night now! :)

amk879

Yay for fellow animal lovers! I know how you all feel. To a point that it has put my relationship at risk. My boyfriend doesn't understand how I can show so much unconditional love for animals and he gets jealous. He feels my love for them is greater. I tell him it's a different kind of love that I can't help.
I don't show love for people much but any animal I see I am immediately in love. We still have issues with it after 2 years together. But I think he is slowly starting to understand.
When I recently had to give up my beardie Serwyn to a rescue center, it broke my heart. It had to be done since we couldnt afford the care she needed, but I knew she wouldn't get the genuine motherly love I had for her anymore and it was heart wrenching. They took her so quickly and standoffishly that I felt I didnt get to say goodbye. The second we pulled out of the driveway I cried uncontrolably for hours. I felt so guilty. My boyfriend felt so bad he almost turned around and got her back. I went home and loved on all of my other animals as much as possible to consol myself.
Luckily, a few days ago I saw that she is doing well! She was at a reptile awareness meet, being used to educate others. She looked so good and I saw a child's joy at holding my baby girl. I cried...I am now thinking about it. I know it was the best decision.
I have 11 other pets including her sister beardie, Brynn. I feel as if they are my soul and I cherish them more than I can describe! It's good to know others share that attachment :)

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I know how giving an animal to a better home feels like. I had a turtle, and he wasn't thriving with us. He was sleeping all the time and not basking. So I gave him to a better home. It killed me, of course. When I got him he was the tiniest thing. I still miss him. But now I'm going to bond with Nim, he is never going to be put in a better home. I researched like crazy before I got Nim. We are going to make so many memories together. And that is making me miss Squiggle the turtle less.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
I cried when my betta fish, Fluffy, died. I had him in college.
My husband (then fiance) was all "it's just a fish, you new they only lived for a few years. he lived the amount of time he was supposed to." i got angry and simply said "that doesn't mean i can't be sad that he's dead"

i get upset when my mom's pets die. and i only see them 1 to 2 times a year. her dog is 12 and her cat is around 11 years old, and i will be very upset when they pass.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
OK...So..I am not the only one. You all made me tear up just reading this thread. I was just commenting this morning that I cannot believe how much I love Rosie and Frankie and even more...I am amazed every day at how loving they are. I know there are people on this site who think we have lost our minds, and that is OK, but these animals are so incredibly sweet and cuddly. Even the new baby we just got 11 days ago will not let go of my finger now when I go to put her back in the viv. When I put her in, she stands there and stares at me until I leave the room.
I also believe that these little animals have rescued me at during a very difficult time in my life. They bring me so much joy. Doesn't matter to me WHY they love to go to sleep on our necks, or why they snuggle their noses into our hair, or why they get so excited when we walk into the room, I just know 100% that I love my beardies.

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Amen! I've been having an awful time at work lately and when I get home he brightens up and jumps up for me to get hi. It just makes every bad minute of the day go away. He will actually press himself down into the floor of his viv if my mom tries to pick him up and he's in one of his "no touchie me" moods and I can stick my hand down 2 seconds later and he will raise up to make it easier for me to pick him up.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
PonchoandDaddy said:
So I'm having one of those days when my emotions seem to be sitting just right on the surface....

Poncho was asleep in his blankie and had been for about 10 minutes so needless to say he was out cold. I was playing on my phone waiting for my unisom to kick in and I started listening to a song that I've decided is mine and Ponchos mommy/son song. Well of course I uncover his little head (he's still asleep bc its dark) and start singing it to him. I burst into the biggest crocodile tears, sobbing, ugly cry ever. Poncho doesn't open his eyes at all, he just crawls out and does the wiggle under my chin. He kissed my neck one time and wiggled again. He is so smart and so sweet.

I am soo scared of how attached I am. I love him more than life itself. I know that sound crazy to some people but he has saved my life. Before Poncho I was so depressed. He is the reason I wake up every morning. My motivation to fight all of my chronic illnesses. He is my soul. I can't imagine living without him ever again. I had a dachsund that I loved this much for 14 years, when he died it was like losing a child and Poncho filled that empty void in my life. Ok I know y'all think I'm nuts now so I'm going to attempt to sleep. I guess I just needed to vent so id stop crying. Ponchos poor head had a puddle of tears on it.

That is SO sweet!!! Animals know how we are feeling. They are amazing creatures!! ALL OF THEM!! :D It doesn't sound crazy at all! I can't speak for everyone, but I am like you are. They are our children. I know exactly what you mean. You are very lucky to have Poncho, but he is VERY lucky to have you!!!

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
TheWerewolf":edm8lekx said:
Some may think me insane for bonding with a chicken, but he was my baby. I still get teary when I look back at the sweet memories of Yuzu. I hope I will get the same bond with Nim. Okay, that was a long story. I'm done now.

It doesn't matter what kind of animal, if you bring one into your life, you will love them as much as they love you. :) And you are NOT insane!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom