Inbreeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I dont know anything about breeding, but I would answer that with a definite NO! Too many risks.

HandH

Original Poster
Thats weird cause you can do it with cats dogs, birds, pretty much everything. But thanks for the answer. :D

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
HandH":2a8c6 said:
Thats weird cause you can do it with cats dogs, birds, pretty much everything. But thanks for the answer. :D

Of course humans can inbreed too but that doesn't mean you should. Genetically i would not because of the hosts of abnormalities that could occur. My gf has an inbred cat and shes a bit off her rocker. Alive and breathing but there is something missing there. Anyway, I would advise against it.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Hockeyballz30 really hit the nail on the head here.

Inbreeding can cause a slew of health problems. The breeders who do inbreed, whether it is cats, dogs, birds, or beardies (or themselves) are not considered reputable. You shouldn't inbreed ANY animal. We as humans do not inbreed at this day and age, so why should our animals be considered any different?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have to agree with everyone...WHY would you want to breed a father with a daughter with ANY animal though? That begins destroying the genetics & the lines of health. I would have to say a big no to that. :shock:
Hm, we don't want to get into the families that do inbreed do we? :D The Royal family bloodlines are highly inbred, & so are the Elites. :puke:

Tracie

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
He could be asking because he wants a nice color morph. I don't know. However, that's still no excuse.

HandH

Original Poster
For those of you that gave me the info i asked for thank. AND for the personal attacks not so much I only need information not personal opinions. I only wanted the the answer and reason. The only reason humans don't inbreed is because we are higher up on the genetic scale. This was just a simple question that I wanted a simple answer. I wasn't saying that I wanted to. It just wanted to know if it made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom