Biopsy results are confusing!

noella5088

Juvie Member
Vet called me and gave the results over the phone. I was in a busy shopping center so I was pretty much trying to listen to him.
He said the beard one was a 'reptile dermatitis' and the black skin tag was a benign 'Squamous' Melanoma. So, to avoid confusion, I requested an emailed copy of the report- because I'm not sure if he is right or not.
There is another vet and I'm tempted to go get a second opinion.
I have known about Squamous Cell cancers. My late father had non small squamous cell cancer that went through his whole entire body and killed him.
I have messaged Tracie.

Attachments

• Maya4.jpg
    Maya4.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 29

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
:(
Is this treatable? What did the vet recommend in a case like this?
Sorry to hear this...poor Maya.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:(
Is this treatable? What did the vet recommend in a case like this?
Sorry to hear this...poor Maya.
He wants to surgically remove this spot and freckles. And the one on his beard. I had to tell the vet that if he does this procedure, he's going to 'break me' because I cannot afford a surgery. I will need donations and financial assistance. I also had already taken out a loan for pest control so loans are out of the question. I have two. Maxed all of my credit cards already- for his supplements and last visit. So, I'm broke.

Last edited:

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update: He ate.
But today, I decided to call around the area I live in to see if there are any other vets that specialize in reptiles. There's one an hour away. There's another one that I vowed never to use because they let my first bearded dragon roam the desk and climb all over the place after an invasive surgery.
I think why I'm searching for another vet is because I want a second opinion. I also cannot drive too far out because the vehicle I drive is over 20 years old and will stall at a drop of a dime.
I live in an area that only caters to cats, dogs, and small animals. You would think that vet's offices would hire a reptile vet in their practices since nearly everyone in my area have reptiles.
I think I have made the choice that I would not be able to get another beardie because of the lack of vets in my area.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I haven't seen your PM yet, so I'll check that too.
The results said that it was benign then? Did they have any suggestions as to other options to treat it
other than surgery at the moment?
Could they determine whether or not it was just in that area or localized & had not spread?
Perhaps you could try some CBD oil or CBD cream. That is helpful for fighting cancerous types of skin
lesions. Are you using anything on the areas right now?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom