impaction is a myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
silverado991":2eg5r10g said:
this thread is not an av discussion please lets stay on the topic of bloodbank if your posting

The thread moved direction. You changed the direction. Now you're jumping on your high horse because someone disagreed with a statement you made on this thread. If you don't want anything other than impaction ring discussed then why did you start talking about something else.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
TBH, the discussion did move to discussing AV. Two people started talking about AV, yourself included, so its only fair that someone else can chime in about it, whether you agree with their statement or not.

Just for the record, AV is definitely not a myth.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
silverado991":1w70vx1p said:
MissT":1w70vx1p said:
this thread is not an av discussion please lets stay on the topic of bloodbank if your posting

The thread moved direction. You changed the direction. Now you're jumping on your high horse because someone disagreed with a statement you made on this thread. If you don't want anything other than impaction ring discussed then why did you start talking about something else.
the other user made the jump to saying it might be av not me dont assume i changed direction i answered there response i did not take the thread that way on my own
the thread was CLEAR to say what it was about i did not attack you so dont attempt to attack me

Is the following post discussion of the original topic?
yeah i sadly judged on old reviews and bought a bloodbank my concern was vet bills for the animal because i knew somthing was wrong from the start now im sending a fecal out because he just will not grow and my setups are identical spot on my other animals have grown more in 1 month than he has in 5

You had nothing to disprove what I said so you chose to totally disregard my information amd tell me to stay on topic when you, yourself, had gone off topic.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Many babies from BBD died last year and had failure to thrive. I do believe one person who had multiple babies die had them tested for AV and they did come back with it. Yes, some dragons can have it and be perfectly healthy but if you look at BBD breeding practices, it makes sense there dragons might be more likely to fall ill from AV.
They inbreed like mad and very rarely keep track of bloodlines. Each female will be breed with multiple males over the course of a few days so they never really know who daddy is. Any dragons they keep back for future breeders could end up being bred back to parents/siblings/cousins, etc and no one would ever know.
I hate to say it but it probably good that you can't breed him. You would be better off getting a healthier animal with bloodlines you can actually track.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Gail":dn02ogtu said:
Many babies from BBD died last year and had failure to thrive. I do believe one person who had multiple babies die had them tested for AV and they did come back with it. Yes, some dragons can have it and be perfectly healthy but if you look at BBD breeding practices, it makes sense there dragons might be more likely to fall ill from AV.
They inbreed like mad and very rarely keep track of bloodlines. Each female will be breed with multiple males over the course of a few days so they never really know who daddy is. Any dragons they keep back for future breeders could end up being bred back to parents/siblings/cousins, etc and no one would ever know.
I hate to say it but it probably good that you can't breed him. You would be better off getting a healthier animal with bloodlines you can actually track.

+1, you said what I didn't want to say. :( Breeders that weaken the genetics of bearded dragons are doing a disservice to the future of the species. :? :(

Gail

BD.org Addict
He could have any number of treatable issues, he should get checked for parasites and yeast. Bloodwork would be a good idea too in case something else is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom