Im not sure...how old do you think she is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people! i was wondering because I am a bit confused as to how old my lizard is. She is a female, central bearded dragon, and she is very healthy. When I got her they told me that she was 4 months old....but I have a feeling I missheard and they said she was 4 weeks old....I still have no idea, becuase if she was 4 months old, she would be 9 months now. Do you think you could tell me what age she is?
from her nose to her tail she is roughly 25cm, 9.84 inches which means she is about 10 inches long. She eats crickets and a wide variety of fruit & veg. She has her crickets sprinkled in calstron, and has a basking and UV light. Im pretty certain she is female.

Pics, (by the way I am thirteen, and rather tall, so that is how big my hand is when holding her.)

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

What do you think? I would really appreciate feedback :)

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Awww, she's really cute! :love5:

Beardies seem to all grow at different rates, and while she *could* be 9 months old, I think its more likely that she is 5-6 months old ( am I doing the math correctly? lol), judging from those pics. :D

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
What kind of basking bulb is that in the viv? I'm 100% certain that's the bulb they were using in PetSmart. I'm just curious.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
How big was she when you got her? Babies that are 4-6 inches long seem to fall into the 4-6 week old category I think. Checking my chart for my first baby, he was 5 inches long when we got him and he was about 6 weeks old. My current baby who will be 3 months next week is was 7" when I got her at 4 weeks, but her parents were monsters. They do grow at different rates, but 9ish inches sounds closer to a 3-4 month old dragon.

She is very cute too!

IvoryWhite

Hatchling Member
She look s AWFULLY HEALTHY!!! As Dooter said, they all grow different rates. My Blaze is 4 months and 3 days old since date of purchase (Hatch date unknown) and he measures 12 inches as of now.Though he could POSSIBLY be a bit older by about a month or two because he was already the biggest and longest in the tank by far. So im guessing she could be around 3-5 months. im almost SURE you heard the lady wrong lol. THOUGH be aware. i knew someone with a beardie for about 1 yr and a half and hers grew no bigger than 11 inches...... Eventually it died though (r.i.p.). But yours looks to be in great condition. Has you measured or NOTICED ANY growth since purchase?????

Cocopops248

Original Poster
this is a picture of her when I got her. I actually didn't measure her xD I forgot.
2012-03-17110510.jpg

2012-02-11102223.jpg

2012-01-31183841.jpg

Im glad you all think she is cute and healthy :) she was also the tiniest in the shop so she is probablly just a petite figure.

Max, darn! I wish they were from the same clutch, that would be awesome. But nah, I got my little girl from a pet shop in Queensland.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Looking back on it, she was so skinny when she was little (with a huge head xD )

If she was 4 weeks old when I got her, she would be about 6 months now, because I have had her for five months. :)

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Oh yeah. :eek: Looking at her baby pictures, she was definitely just a hatchling when you got her - they have that whole cute "bobble head" thing going on when they are babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom