I'm going to get me a bearded dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unique

Hatchling Member
I've researched for months and looked at various posts on this website and they seem very interesting, probably going to buy one from a breeder since the ones they sell here are too small and frail. I know like everything I need the only thing I need is cash, just thought everyone would like to know there is a new Beardie slave coming! Anyways off to bed I'll reply tomorrow!

Pootie

I did a lot of research too, but still learned a ton when I got my little guy 3 weeks ago. I've already had a few paranoid moments where I knew for sure something was wrong, but I just came on this site and typed in what was going on in the search box and found tons of posts basically telling me everything is normal lol.

I can't wait to see pictures when you get your new beardie =)

Unique

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I actually got a few questions.

Would a 10 gallon tank be big enough to house crickets?
And if I get a 55 gallon tank how long of a repti-sun 10.0 should I get?
What are the temps for the crickets?

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
as for question 1 and 3

yes
room temps are fine. a little warmer might be better but not really "needed" to house them.

I think the general consencus is that if your UVB is near enough to your basking spot so the beardie gets UVB while they bask, the total length doesn't matter too much, as when they're not basking up high, they won't get full strength UVB anyway.

Unique

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I put the repti-sun right next to the hot bulb? and what wattage recommended for a 55 gal will give measurements when I find one in my budget.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
the wattage for your basking spot has too many variables for anyone else to determine. It will depend on the size of the enclosure, total ventilation, ambient room temperature, humidity in your house, if it's near a window, etc etc etc. When you get your tank and everything else set up, go out and buy a 75w halogen flood and go from there up or down depending on how things turn out. If you have any laying around to try and test, it'd be good so you don't have to spend money on several different bulbs. (if you have a flood light outside, steal the bulb for a few hours to test the temps so you get a good ballpark figure) I hope that explanation helped more than hindered lol

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Grettings, Aloha, and salutations.
Not even an owner yet and addicted all ready. I love this hobby...lol
Glad to have you aboard.

Unique

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, they're nice I'm kind of interested in the yellow or snow dragons they're so pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjh_polo
Top Bottom