Seka 10-13-10
SAM_0505.jpg

Today 08-30-11
SAM_2058.jpg

:mrgreen:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
LOL I got Seka to pose like the picture from when she was a baby but, Ifrit was like.. "No way, that's for babies!" :lol:

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Beardednoob":10gwa5xh said:
LOL I got Seka to pose like the picture from when she was a baby but, Ifrit was like.. "No way, that's for babies!" :lol:

Well to be fair, Ifrits' baby picture had his arms all crumpled underneath him, haha.
They def got big! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?? Love theeemmm =D

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well today I have a concern with Seka, her gullet seems loose, not really swollen though. I know this is perhaps symptom of toxicity but, I cannot for the life of me figure out of what.
Nothing in her food/feeders is different then it has been, nothing is different in her multivitamins either, salad gets dusted 2 times a week with multivitamins. Should I cut this down or possibly stop the multivitamins for now? Can anyone give me any insight to this?

Her enclosure details-
40breeder
basking 101-109°F
Cool side on days I work ~85-88°F on days I am home or after I come home from work 83-85°F
UV is a 36 inches Reptisun 10.0 linear tube (unobstructed)

Pictures of my little girl
Note the excess skin on her gullet.
SAM_2211.jpg

SAM_2210.jpg

SAM_2209.jpg

SAM_2205.jpg

SAM_2204.jpg

I don't know what else to be said that may be in relation. Is it normal for a dragon around her age? Or is this something wrong? :study: :?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Let Ifrit out for some roaming in the their room, it was only a matter of time till it happened.
SAM_2176.jpg

After I put him back and took Seka out this was his next move LOL
SAM_2213.jpg

SAM_2214.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Michael,

How old is Seka again?
You see the droopy necks a lot in older dragons. Even dragons that don't eat like a lard get them. IMO, they are quite cute and give some "Mature" personality :)
I don't think you need to worry about it. However if you want you can drop to 1 dose of multivitamin a week. With a healthy salad there really isn't much need for too much vitamin supplementation.

I am also not aware of that specifically being a sign of RI. Is there any possible causes you can think of for Seka having a RI? A sign you can look out for is Seka puffing her beard out, and wheezing, coughing, etc.

But, I doubt its anything Michael. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Maybe she is fat? I don't know, she seems to have small fat pads to me, the top of her head, behind her front legs, they are nominal. Perhaps it is nothing, I think I might have to get a fecal or blood work done though. Although I had her out to clip her nails after about 2.5 hours after lights out, when she first came out her gullet appeared smaller then it was in these pictures. After some time it went back to this but, it was near 35-40 minutes. Perhaps she is just lazy and this is shown in her gullet? Cause she is lazy.. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't necessarily happen because the dragon is eating a lot. Even Naughtica has a droopy neck, but she is soon to be 5.

I don't think bloodwork is necessary, seems as if it would cause unnecessary stress to me. But if you want you can, it will at least put your mind at ease or tell you if there is something you need to fix.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom