I think I fed him too much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon sunny is a little over a year old. I usually feed him about 12 crickets a day, but we got superworms recently and I messed up his schedule and skipped over one of his insect days. To try and fix this, I fed him 20 ( yes 20 ) 1.5 inch superworms!! I thought i saw a post somewhere saying they fed their lizard 30 worms so I thought it was ok, but it turns out it said “30 worms a WEEK”. I’m kinda freaking out rn... Will he be ok?? I heard worms are harder to digest...

It’s the next day and he is at the front of his enclosure looking for food. I think he’ll be fine ?. Any tips to help him poo?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He should be OK. They can overdo it on supers though so do try to keep them to an occasional treat =). Offer him some extra water by dripping it on his nose to lick up and that should help him pass everything through. He should be able to digest the worms without a big problem since he's an adult. I'd work on getting him to eat a nice big salad every day and keep bugs to a couple few times a week.

FrankTheBeardie223

Original Poster
CooperDragon":22blj5wa said:
He should be OK. They can overdo it on supers though so do try to keep them to an occasional treat =). Offer him some extra water by dripping it on his nose to lick up and that should help him pass everything through. He should be able to digest the worms without a big problem since he's an adult. I'd work on getting him to eat a nice big salad every day and keep bugs to a couple few times a week.

Thank you for the reply! And I said I fed him insects but I guess I should have specified that I don’t feed him them every day. Again thanks for the help and I will make sure to give him more water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom