I THINK he is waking up.... Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie77

Hatchling Member
Last year Shadow didn't Hibernate.. This year both Shadow and Sonic have gone to bed since November (The very beginning of November) And have only woken a couple times due to Jordyn "Checking" on them.... :oops: I made both of them caves so to speak out of a shoe box and they spent most of the first month in there.. But both have moved out... Sonic decided she preferred to sleep on her branch.. And surprisingly has NOT fallen off...

Shadow made his way to the opposite side of his tank behind his log.. Then came out the week and was just laying out on the floor in the open.. (His temp was getting low) 60 degrees so I added a black light/heat lamp for some warmth.. That made it about 67 in his tank.. Today he climbed up to his normal basking spot and was wide eyed when we checked on him this morning.. So, I figured he was UP.. so I turned his lights back on and made him a great big Salad..

What do I do now? Do I give it some time to be sure he IS up? Do I give him a nice warm bath? How do I know if he is out of hibernation or just miffed that he was woken up?

How long do they usually go into hibernation? (I am sure this is posted somewhere and I will search as well)

Just want to be sure that I do the right thing since neither of them have had ANYTHING to eat for some time now...

They are now going on THREE years old.....

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Did you bathe them while they were sleeping. Bathe him try and feed him. it takes them a few days to fully wake up but they need hydration during brumation sometimes they wake up and eat bask for a bit then go back to sleep again.

Im sure someone who knows more about this than me should post soon i hope good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom