I scared my Dragon... now I dont know what to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBeardyFan

Beardie name(s)
Mushroom (Mushu)
Hey guys! I am a recent first time owner of a Bearded Dragon, and while everything for the most part has been fine, I may have royally upset my Beardy on accident. A couple days ago I added a new hammock to Mushrooms enclosure, he didn't do anything with it until last night. This morning I woke to find him passed out in said hammock... however I was somewhat scared that he had been stuck. For reference this is a thread hammock that he can climb on comfortably and easily from his tree, I should not have been worried, but I was. I went to check on him, and as I went to gently nudge his nail to make sure he wasn't stuck, I'm afraid I scared the ever loving hell out of him. I don't think I have ever seen him move so fast. He turned toward my hand, ran at it (as expected), missed by maybe an inch and FELL onto the floor of his enclosure, where he sat there and thought about how much of an ass I must be. Needless to say I was INCREDIBLY sorry about scaring him awake, and sat there with him for 5 minutes trying to communicate how sorry I am that I scared him. His beard was fully displayed for a bit, although now it has gone down slightly (he puffs back up now and then when I look across the room at him). On a separate note he did lick me slightly, but I feel more that was his way of letting me know he thinks I'm a jerk. I'm leaving him be, but how do you all suggest i try to help him calm down, and (most importantly) how do I apologize for scaring him so badly??

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
The best way to apologize is to offer him a yummy treat lol. I’ve scared my dragon and my blue tongue on accident before and they always forgive you it just takes time and patience and some good treats butter worms super worms silk worms horn worms something like that. It’ll be ok I promise he’ll learn he can trust you no matter what happens.

NewBeardyFan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushroom (Mushu)
The best way to apologize is to offer him a yummy treat lol. I’ve scared my dragon and my blue tongue on accident before and they always forgive you it just takes time and patience and some good treats butter worms super worms silk worms horn worms something like that. It’ll be ok I promise he’ll learn he can trust you no matter what happens.
Thanks for the help. He was basking in his light last I saw, but I’ll give him some treats when I get back home 😊

Beardie name(s)
Kanon
I agree with this ☝🏻! I got my beardie almost 6 months ago and we’ve been great until one day he hid from me while cleaning his cage, found him sleeping behind my work desk. I scared the crap out of him trying to move him like a dingus! Took about a week for him to be comfortable with me again to be honest, but he trusts me more now than he seemed to have before to be honest. Just gotta build the trust :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom