I NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
I looked at my beardie today and she is fat! I can feel bulges in her stomach and when she stands up there are bulges out the side. Ive never dealt with beardies being pregnant before. She has been with a male so i suppose they'd be fertile I only knew today how fat she was etc. she glass danced all day and for months she's been scratching around in her tank. I don't even know how far along she is. I don't have resources to put her in a separate box with a warm light what can I make to put in her tank? I really need help I don't want her to die!

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update; I'm 95% sure she's nearly ready as she's been glass dancing like crazy and she's been scratching for I don't know how long, I don't know what to do as this is very sudden. SOMEONE HELP! I don't have the resources to put a light in a box etc for her!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...it doesn't cost much, do you have ANY plastic storage bin ? You don't need a light on top, just keep it in a warm room. Play Sand is only 5-6.00 bucks at Home Depot or Lowe's. You can also use a smaller plastic storage container, the type that are about 20"L by 10 W X 7 H. Keep the lid on, but cut a hole in the top corner, about 6X6 inches. Fill it 3/4 with damp sand, put it right in her tank. just put her in + she should start digging. She may go in + out, just keep putting her in, she should eventually realize that it's the place for her to lay.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":12yb7681 said:
Hi there...it doesn't cost much, do you have ANY plastic storage bin ? You don't need a light on top, just keep it in a warm room. Play Sand is only 5-6.00 bucks at Home Depot or Lowe's. You can also use a smaller plastic storage container, the type that are about 20"L by 10 W X 7 H. Keep the lid on, but cut a hole in the top corner, about 6X6 inches. Fill it 3/4 with damp sand, put it right in her tank. just put her in + she should start digging. She may go in + out, just keep putting her in, she should eventually realize that it's the place for her to lay.

I live in Australia, I've got a container in her tank with sand and I have been putting her in it and she walks out so I put her back. I don't know what the signs are for her being nearly ready. I've never dealt with this before and am extremely worried

Trajega

Hatchling Member
Assuming she has not laid yet, Put her in another container/ cage with the sand. SHe needs something large to recreate a sandy terrain, not a little bowl or what not. If she can get out, its not appropriate

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I didn't realize you're in Australia. But yes, there has to be some type of lay box.....the large ones are recommended, but it can be a small one + put in the tank, I've used that type for my dragons for almost 20 years. You just need to keep the lid on it but make an opening as I mentioned. Once she starts digging you can cover it up + check on her from time to time.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a kitty litter tray and I'm putting lots if sand in it today, she can get in and out when she pleases. It's difficult for me as her tank isn't over wide for me to put something like a bin in it. Is it okay with the kitty litter tray if I fill how deep it is with sand? It's right under her basking light? I don't want anyone going off at me I am just worried because I've never been through this before.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You just need to cover it, they like to feel as if they're in a secluded spot safe to lay their eggs, and the sand should be damp but not wet. Some beardies will dig for days before they lay, or just end up scattering them in the tank.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2zp8ii1h said:
You just need to cover it, they like to feel as if they're in a secluded spot safe to lay their eggs, and the sand should be damp but not wet. Some beardies will dig for days before they lay, or just end up scattering them in the tank.

Thankyou for your help

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
okay, update...

SHE HAD HER EGGS! we counted 21 but there could be more. She had them in the kitty litter tray with all the sand, what do i do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom