i have a bit of a question?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora1458

i have 2 beardies mike and the lovely pandora they eat like pigs and are happy as can be but i think they are smaller than they should be >.< my baby mike is around 10inches long and oddly not relly wide but he eats alot and my pandora is around 15 or 16 inches long and she is relly wide and eats relly good but still looks small compared to the beardies i have seen i am not posotive on their ages (i do not know the hatch datse) but i am pretty certain that mike is around 7 or 8 months and pandora is almost a year old whats wrong with my babies if anything? they eat many different greens as well as quash mealies (as a treat) waxworms and some goliaths on occasion in addition to the massive amount of crix i have on hand to feed my babies

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
You might want to have a vet check their poos for parasites. Or they may just be of the smaller size which seem to be popping up more often anymore.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
What kind of lighting are you using? UVB light is extremely important for their growth as well as vitamins and calcium. If you could go over their set up maybe we can help you better.
1) What kind of lighting,they need heat bulbs and UVB lighting.
2)Whay size tank are they in and are they housed together?
3) do you offer calcium and vitamins?
4) How often do they poop?
5)Do you bathe your beardies?
If you have answered these questions already I am sorry but I didn't see the information.A vet check could also spot any problems.

kimmyk

Juvie Member
UVB light is extremely important

Yes. Beardie was under a coil UV bulb and it stunted his growth terribly. In fact at a year and a half, he was only 7.5" long from nose to tip of tail!! Of course as a new beardie owner, I didn't know the dangers of coil bulbs, I just bought what the petsmart guy told me was the best. If you're using a coil bulb, get rid of it now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjh_polo
Top Bottom